1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Richard the Lionheart - an unexpected christmas present

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by DanSly, Dec 27, 2010.

1. DanSly New Member

United-Kingdom
    So, I come home for the holidays to spend it with the family as I live in a student house during term time.

Earlier in the year I visited euromilitaire with my parents and girlfriend, which everyone enjoyed, even the missus (Thank god, I have got lucky with an arty girlfriend) and after admiring the limited edition figure in the display case at the top of the stairs, I finally admitted to myself I would never own it and haven't really thought about it since.

That was until I was handed a rather weighty present on christmas day, and much to my surprise.

Inside was this:

[IMG]

I am hoping I can do it justice as it is a limited run kit. Mine was number 39.

The figure has been assembled into sup-sections, and areas to be metal have been masked ready for priming. Should have some more images up in a few days after it has been primed.

Now this is going to be my first mounted figure, so if anyone has any sbs's or tips to share, all help is appreciated.

Well, any tips about anything will be helpful.

Thanks for looking.

Dan
  2. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    What a present, Dan!

I too didnt figure I would be a proud owner of this beauty. Then someone backed out and I happened to suddenly really crave for it.

Look fwd to progress!
    Michael
  3. Paul20100 A Fixture

France
    A very romantic representation of the most French of the English sovereigns. I have read SBS here and there but nothing outstanding (so far).

Wish you good luck and this kit deserves that you spend a lot of time on it.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Well that is a great present.
    You could have alot of fun with it.
    Look at PF eventually help with the search function and you will find alot of articles for painting this beauty up.

marc
  5. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What great present to open Christmas day Daniel, maybe a good idea to leave it at the parents once term starts again, cant see it lasting long in student digs, it will only get traded for a crate of beer and two pizza`s :D

Look forward to seeing you paint it up, nice to know they all arent going to remain boxed up and kept locked away as collector pieces.

Steve
    housecarl likes this.
  6. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome gift! I heard a couple kits made their way to the US, now I just gotta find one;)
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    What a nice little Christmas story, enjoy your kit Dan.

Roger.
  8. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Now that s a coincidence. Just took mine out of the box last week, assembled and primed the horse and now i m trying to decide between a white or a black one. I hope you enjoy your present Daniel, it is a really great little sculpt. Keep us posted on your progress.
  9. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    Paint this one with the spirit of a lions heart and the whisdom of all of us, perhaps you will end it in the beauty of Guinevere

Godspeed

Ton
  10. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Hi Daniel,
    One of the best collector's item from this company!
    It is a piece with many requirements because, above all, a collector's item and secondly accounted for a King!
    Well I wish you a good start ... expect the best!

Alexandros