1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Rich Sculpts: Amy Johnson

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Graham, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    One hell of an achievement to get this done in a day!

To be honest Graham I for one would not know how much further you need to go with this? I sculpt in bass relief (its lot thicker than most castings of this type), its not a traditional flat and not quite a full round figure. Your the first to try this out and consequently have broken new ground! When painting a flat you increase the shading to give it depth, when painting of a full round figure you compliment the shadows of natural light. Bass relief is the middle path - enhance the depth and compliment the natural shadows, but you don't over do it as the sculpt already has definition and will subtly cast its own natural shadows.

Hope this makes sense?

This comes from a guy that has not painted in over 20 odd years - although in the day I was not half bad...

-Rich
    Graham likes this.
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Lovely work Graham.

Cheers,
    Pedro.
    Graham and Rich Sculpts like this.
  3. Gerry Active Member

Just seen this one Graham, lovely painting you should be pleased:) ,also lovely sculpting and casting Rich! ( ive just ordered one!) I was just talking about this piece with a mate of mine at Euro mil today funny enough! and he said it was good!
  4. Graham A Fixture

England
    Cheers Gerry, glad you are getting one, you will not be disappointed. Look forward to seeing yours painted :)
    Rich Sculpts likes this.
  5. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Graham,
    Real nice paint job on this sculpt.Not too easy to paint a women with personality;let alone find one......All in all..
    A great job...both sculpt and paint......Regards.......Wayne
    Rich Sculpts and Graham like this.
  6. Graham A Fixture

England
    Lol, cheers Wayne
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Wow!
    Lovely face, very subtle.(y)
    Rich Sculpts and Graham like this.
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    An excellent result Graham and have to agree with Carl , great work on the face. (y)

Cheers Ken
  9. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Cool idea to commemorate an early female aviator with this excellent little sculpt, and kudos to Graham for his smooth brushwork (y)!

Joe
    Graham likes this.
  10. Graham A Fixture

England
    Thanks again guys :)