1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

RGG New Wet Palette and Membrane

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade/Accessories' started by Paulo, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    13.jpg

Hi, as you know I´m one of the Painters that test the Red Grass Games issues before they reach the Public :) and this time we´re back to the Wet Palette

One thing I do Like in RGG is that they are allways searching to improve (what is already good), and based to the feedback of Painters, they decided to create a new membrane to be used (and re-used) in the wet Palette
    My personal opinion is that it is like a thin sheet of plastic, that makes it easy to be washed way (when painting is over) and after cleanned, is ready to be used again, as many times as you decide is ok (I used 8 X and is already ok) it also depends how you clean/use it
    20210411_175128.jpg
    In the above photo I´ve used it for 6 X and you can see is ready for the next ...
    The red and Dark blue grey spots are from the AMMO Shaders, because they are like "Inks" means they have strongger pigmment and leaves this"marks" when you clean - normal Acryllics desapear completley

unnamed.jpg Capturar.PNG
    Last but not least the New Painter Palette 2 is slithly bigger than the previous (orange box) and have different atachs for the acessories, to slide in (no longer magnets),although RGG have provided a place if some one wants to adapt magnets and use the older/previous acessories.
    There will also be a New XL Palette, but I let you see by yourselves on the link under

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redgrass/redgrass-wet-palette-2-the-best-painting-tool-for-miniatures

https://www.redgrassgames.com/
    Nap likes this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Paulo

Thanks for the update on the RGG products

Is there a recommended limit to the number of times tge new membrane can be requested ?

Does pigment strength affect it ?

I have the original WP and happy with it still

Nap
    Paulo likes this.
  3. Venko A Fixture

Bulgaria
    So if I have the older palette, is it possible to buy just the membrane?
    Paulo and Nap like this.
  4. bogusman53 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Yes you can buy spare membrane sheets and also spare foam reservoirs.
    Paulo and Nap like this.
  5. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Kevin,
    --Yes you can use the new membrane in your Palette (I´ve tested myself)

--The number of times that you use it´s upon you, and how damaged is the membrane after you use it , depends on how you use/how you clean, treat her "like a Lady" :LOL::LOL: I´ve used mine 12 times and still ok - I´m using to the maximum to see the real limit of it - I have left the painting 12 hours on it (for 3 times), and after that I clean under water and he stils ok

--( Q: Does pigment strength affect it ?) No the marks you see is because of the Shaders, they have stronger pigment although very diluted, so the Membrane gets "stained" a little as you see on the photo, but doesnt loose proprieties

--( I have the original WP and happy with it still) -I also have the original Painter Palette and I must say that it´s perfect for me - the point is, for someone that have to buy Now, will buy the new Palette, I believe the Original will be discontinued, because the New have small upgrades ... there was not much to change (in my opinion) however they are completly compatibles (foams, membrane, acessories)
    Nap likes this.
  6. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Venko
    Yes If you have the old/original model you can use the New Membrane with no problems - they will be available in packs of 20.
    Nap and Venko like this.
  7. Venko A Fixture

Bulgaria
    Thanks!
    I just ordered the Studio XL palette, will try it when arrives, I think it is natural upgrade from the homemade one :)
    Paulo, DaddyO and Nap like this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England

Hope we might see your thoughts on the XL

Nap
    Paulo and Venko like this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Paulo

Thank you for taking the tine to reply to my questions

Nap
  10. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    Venko, this is my personal opinion... but I must say I´ve tried many "home made" Palette but each one had a different problem, also tried commercial ones, but and with all the respect with other brands, they where too big / too small /to thin to rigid/and problems with the foam or whatsoever made is role - If you see that I paint 6 days a week ... you will understand that I want something Perfect not more or less... the Materials of RGG are sturdy and life long last, you will see by yourself

For me the Painter Palette is the number 1 in the Market for everything I said + the ideal size - the XL for me is too big (maybe for other peoples is ok) - but has the same quality just the size is bigger
  11. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    :) Sorry Nap ... but you wont see it. The reason is (as I told to Venko above) although the quality is exactly the same, there is a size difference.

So for me the STUDIO PALETTE , orange box and Red in upgrade version, is the ideal size, not to big, not too small, more flexible - if I need more place, for example for metallic painting (I never mix them in the same place/ or same brushes) I can use the cover and the second foam - If you think that I make a lot of Demonstrations- Workshops- classes - I Paint a lot outside of my Home, and I like that "flexibility"

- so resuming and one more time it´s my personal opinion, if someone need/or like more place on the Palette than the XL is perfect for you, it´s exactly the same material of the other 2
    Nap and Venko like this.
  12. Venko A Fixture

Bulgaria
    Paulo, thanks for your opinion!

I just like the bigger space, I like to mix a lot with Scale75 artist and my homemade palette is just the size of the Painter version, so I decided for XL ;)
    Paulo likes this.
  13. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    I´m shore you wont regreat , and ... you will not buy another in the next 10 years :)
    Nap and Venko like this.