1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review: Private Coaching with Werner

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by MassiveVoodoo, Nov 8, 2019.

1. MassiveVoodoo New Member

United-States

[IMG]

"When I was new into the wargaming hobby I really didn’t care about painting miniatures at all - playing games was amazing and painting just felt like “a waste of time” when you can have a game or two instead.

Then a few years ago I actually started painting and really enjoyed it. Soon I wanted to get better to reach a higher level of painting. Here I have to give a huge credit to Romans “Advanced Class (Atmosphere)”. This workshop changed really my relationship to color and I finally found my passion in painting.

However, there was always a thing I was very unpleasant with – metal structures in all kinds and shapes. I never could get my head around it and I really needed some hands on sessions. So I contacted Roman found an appointment for the coaching without any hassle.

[IMG]

After arriving at the Massive Voodoo Studio, Roman welcomed me in a hearty way and immediately made me feel at home (His flat mate Alin was also there to work on masks. She’s a really nice and talented person. You can check out her stuff here:https://www.instagram.com/alinakhdar.opus/

After refreshing my knowledge on grisaille painting, we started to paint non-metallic metal on various shapes. During that part of the coaching, Roman really made me notice why I was always struggling with this topic. I really had several *klick*-moments during these 2 days and these helped me a lot. Then we went on to true metallic metal and I how to improve contrast and the BAM. After dinner my brain was really stuffed with new information and we decided to continue the next day.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

On day 2 we started at 9 am. Roman now showed me the magic of Hybrid-TMM-NMM. I was really amazed by the large contrast range, resulting by the combination of both techniques. I practiced on a space marine and after some failings, with the help of Roman I finally get my head around this topic.

Finally, we did some practice on miniatures I brought with me.

Conclusion:

I had a great time, learned a lot and I would always do it again. Roman is not only a nice person, but also a very good teacher. He fetches you up at your exact point on your painting journey and pushes you very far in only 2 days"

- Werner

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I want to thank you, Werner
    for two beautiful days with a topic that I usually do not teach. Also for the good vibes and cool chats.
    I really enjoyed preparing this hands on coaching for you and so much made sense while seeing my preparations take hold in your training during these days. I am really considering making this a weekend hands on group workshop. Thank you for the great feedback!

Keep on happy painting!
    Best Wishes,
    Roman

_______________________________________________________________________________

If you want to learn from me
    in your very own private coaching session, do not hesitate to contact me for further details via
    jarhead---at---massivevoodoo---dot---com

2019 is closed in terms of private coaching and fully booked, plans for sessions in the first half of 2020 are in the making. I will be there for you and your personal growth as a painter!

You can find more information
    about upcoming group workshops via this banner

[IMG]

You want to support Massive Voodoo?
    If you like to support or say thanks the monkeys of Massive Voodoo in what they do, please feel invited to drop a jungle donation in their direction via paypal or check their miniatures they got on sale here.

Continue reading...
  2. choigamedanhbai New Member

Coaching and hypnotherapy in Berlin for Englsih speaking people.