1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Callenge

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Anders Heintz, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Ed and I was talking about this and here is what we are suggesting.

Everyone pick one or two (or more!!) of their favourite (or not favourite) kits, make a short review with a lot of good pictures, we all know you can take good pics, we have seen them before! It don't take long to do to, take 30 minutes and just pop the kit open, take some good pics and upload it with some general information about the kit.

Many of us shop online and never get a chance to see the miniatures in the round before purchasing them, this will help everybody out, and also create a center point for top quality reviews where people will look for good pictorial reviews before purchases.

So lets get together and make us a pictorial kit review center on the internet for historical miniatures!

Are YOU up for the challenge?!
  2. Edson Member

Mexico
    I second this idea, could be a great source for everyone who like the hobby and wanna know what kind of kit will buy.

Just think guys the posibilities of a "Magic Catalogue for choosing your next kit" lol
    that would be awesome, and for the rookies in the hobby like a bible or something like that!!!

SO, TAKE YOUR DIGICAMS AND START TO POST GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
  3. MSzwarc New Member

4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Yeah Mike! Those were excellent reviews, lets get everybody to pitch in, collect them to one page and we will have a hum dinger of a review section!
  5. Pete_H New Member

Count me in. I'll review a WWII figure - gee, what a surprise!!!

Here's a thought: why not review kits that we've already painted? I'm sure we'll remember the trials & tribulations behind painting it.
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Peeety!

Geeze, what a shocker! WWII lol! Looking forward to it!

As for the painted fig idea, I think its good, but will be hard to get good pictures of the figure as it is out of the box unless you already have clear detail shots of it un assembled/dry fitted and unprimed.
  7. Grizzly Member

Sounds good Anders,just got a new figure from Model Victoria,havent seen much of their figures around in reviews so ill do one of that fig.
  8. Brad S Member

I think it is a great idea. I'll see what I have for a review that would be of interest.

Brad Spelts
  9. Edson Member

Mexico
    Hey brad Im glad you like the idea, we will looking forward for your reviews man! ;)

Regards
    Ed :lol:
  10. Hullebullen New Member

In the words of Montgomery Burns, Excellent!
  11. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    You can count me in. In fact I just finished a review of the Fusilier Brit. Hussar 1914. But I have a suggestion - I think we should separate kit reviews from the shows and other stuff in this Feature. Kit reviews deserve to be separate and that would enable easier access to the information. Whaddya think? gordy are you listening-in?