1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Revell /ICM SWAT Officer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Steve Brodie, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    02805_swat_officer_06.jpg

This is the Revell reboxing of the ICM 120mm SWAT Officer, kit comes on 2 Main runners, and one for the alternative base tops. the Figure Consists of 46 Parts and 6 pieces to make up 5 alternative bases. Details throughout are very good, for instance the weapon comes as 4 pieces to build into a fine replica and the soles of the boots show some stunning detail - shame they wont be seen, but the crye airframe helmet(s) are devoid of details, and the details on the rails are very soft - to blurred. So what started out as a cheap kit of £14.99 has now doubled with the purchase of some (I hope) exquisite resin replacement heads with Crye helmets from Live resin.

Sprue Shots (NOT mine, open source on internet)

Revell-SWAT-OFFICER_02.jpg Revell-SWAT-OFFICER_03.jpg Revell-SWAT-OFFICER_04.jpg Revell-SWAT-OFFICER_05.jpg

No real issues with construction, just a couple of small seam lines that needed a quick swipe of some Vallejo plastic putty and it was built.

20191231_185650.jpg 20191231_185722.jpg 20191231_123529.jpg

Base colours of black and royal blue applied and left to dry;

20191231_201013.jpg 20191231_201018.jpg

2nd coat of royal blue has now evened out the coverage of the uniform colour, so can now start to add highlights to the blue uniform and black body Armour.

20200103_094739.jpg 20200103_094747.jpg

A pretty good photo of a group of SWAT officers in the new blue uniform;

team1.jpg
    Oda, KenBoyle, captnenglish and 3 others like this.
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Off to a good start there Steve.

Funnily enough I saw one of these painted up somewhere on the internet just a few days ago and it looked great. Excellent value for money there I reckon, even after ponying up for the replacement resin heads.

- Steve
    Oda likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Nice to see this being done as a SBS , not a subject I've seen before

A good start as always , will be following with interest

Why not enter FOTM as well as voting in the previous months entries

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  4. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Buckles painted in metal/silver which were a bit bright, so toned down with a black wash. Suit highlights added and again toned down, this time with a wash of the original uniform colour. Wont put in any shadows as such as will blend into the staps. Body armour and straps have been highlighted.

20200104_093607.jpg 20200104_093618.jpg

Next is the ancillary items.
    Resin head arrived, unfortunately not the one I ordered, so waiting to see what happens regarding the correct item
  5. Zim PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Nice work on this Steve
    Steve Brodie likes this.
  6. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Correct resinhead has arrived

20200108_163818.jpg 20200108_163823.jpg 20200108_163832.jpg
    Oda and Nap like this.
  7. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Got some paint on yul brynner :smiling3:tonight.just blocking in , detail painting and highlights tomorrow (hopefully)

20200108_203915.jpg 20200108_203956.jpg
    Oda, Nap and Chris Oldfield like this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Coming along nicely .....no eyes to paint either ...bagain !!!!

Look forward to more from you on this

Happy benchtime

Nap
  9. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Think i am going to repaint the helmet blue, looks rather cool and will break all that black up on the head, with the scarf glasses and webbing.

Reference photo

blue helmet.JPG
    Oda likes this.
  10. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Helmet repainted and weathered;

20200111_115042.jpg 20200111_115032.jpg
    Chris Oldfield and Oda like this.
  11. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    After some fettling and sanding, got the resin replacement head attached. The trickiest part was getting the arms, weapon and hand glued on. In the end I added the weapon to his right arm, tacked it in place then added his left arm, then the hand and positioned all into place, going to add a base coat wash to tone some of the highlights down and then just need to build the supplied base.

20200114_073211.jpg 20200114_073237.jpg 20200114_073248.jpg 20200114_073309.jpg 20200114_073430.jpg
    Old Pete likes this.
  12. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Have ordered some custom made flag decals for his helmet and then he should be complete
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Good fettling .....and choice on the helmet colour , you've done good on this especially as it's a dark overall colour

Look forward to seeing the decals in place and the finishing post

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  14. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice work on the figure Steve, where did you order the custom decals from?

Cheers
    Steve
  15. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Thanks.

Hi,
    Have ordered them from this seller on eBay here , very helpful when i explained what i was looking for. Tested they would work before sending out. Should be here by Friday.
    1969 likes this.