1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Return to Standard time

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by John Long, Nov 21, 2009.

1. John Long Active Member

United-States
    [IMG]

Thinking about getting back after this guy. I have a couple of projects ahead of it though. I'm doing a three man vignette of an Alamo Scout recon group in the South Pacific. One using binoculars and some hand signals to communicate to another using a handy-talky, and a third pulling rear security. I intend to create a rocky outcropping with some dense foliage and perhaps some water. Also in the hopper and nearly complete is a Metal Modeles French Dragoon from the Franco Prussian war. It's a beautiful sculpt by Raoul Latorre. Nice detail. I started it when I got back from Chicago. It's going well and I managed to not butcher the white belts. The gold bullion has proven to be a challenge, but I think what I have so far is working. Next up is the face and then the details and groundwork. Not necessarily in that order. I resisted the temptation to place the dragoon in a cigar box. I see a lot of possibilities for this mini-box as I call it, but I don't want to over use the idea.

I keep forgetting to mention that I obtained a copy of Historical Miniature #1 from a very generous Bob Stein. I now have the entire print run of the main English speaking magazine devoted to historical miniature painting and sculpting.[IMG]

More...