1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Return from Dunkirk

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Cannonball, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Great research and links there Neil

Nap
    NeilW likes this.
  2. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Shoot... just found this in the 16 Para Field Hospital site... the full set.

BUT note that these differ from those from Dunkirk as in my earlier posting... perhaps revised at some stage (or different versions existed?)

Seems to show that the W3118a was also used as a 'Ship label':
    CC7a.JPG CC7b.JPG

In fact I now doubt whether a separate 'Ship's label' existed. Looking at the the side by side view in the Challenor site it looks that what I took to be a large record card and a smaller label was wrong... the 'label' is a different version of the W3118a envelope for the card.
    CC7.JPG

Either way, this is clearly what the bods in the photo are wearing so perhaps safer to go with the much larger envelope?
    Cannonball and Nap like this.
  3. Cannonball A Fixture

Super reference material Neil. Really appreciated.

Neal
    NeilW likes this.
  4. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    While rooting around for WW1 ambulance pics I came across this... a possible companion piece?

G1.JPG
    Cannonball and Nap like this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England

Like it when your rooting Neil

Nap
  6. Cannonball A Fixture

Great idea Neil-alternatively could have an early war one with troops with posies of flowers heading off to the front graffiti daubed on the side of the carriage. Here’s hoping....

Neal
    Nap likes this.