1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Retreat To Corunna

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Mar 5, 2005.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi guys ;) ! Here's a re-posting of my current project,a scratchbuilt 95th Rifleman during the infamous retreat to Corunna in 1809. The head is from the new Hornet "bandaged heads" set,the hands and shoes from Michael Roberts,the "rifle blank" from Shenandoah,the wooden tub from Armand P.Bayardi,and the rest I made from 2-part epoxy putty. I've primed the figure and will be painting it next. Thanks for looking and cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

As the scene takes place during winter,I will be adding "snow" to the groundwork after I've painted it.
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth, looks great, thanks for taking the time to repost it. ;)

Cheers

Roc. :)
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    You're welcome,Roc. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  4. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    The sculpting is excellent Kenneth. The purist may have some issues with the length of the rifle and the shako, but what the heck - there were so many stolen/borrowed items on that retreat that it doesn't matter a damn - still one great looking figure. The Rifles are a special interest of mine so I'm looking forward to seeing this one painted up.
  5. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks for the encouragement,Dave; I'll definitely paint him up soon. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kenneth, Some parts of the figure look a bit heavy, i.e. the cuffed trousers. I'd like to suggest with future projects you compare the size of equipment in relation to the figure. The "scaler" here on Pf works wonders for scaling weapons and equipment.~Gary
  7. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi Gary :) !
    Thanks for the tips,my friend; I really appreciate it ! This is actually an earlier project of mine,sort of pre-World Expo,hence the heavy trouser cuffs and over-scaled equipment ;) . I've since realised how out of scale some of the parts are,and so have consigned the figure to the back-burner as a "learning experience". Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol: .
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kenneth, Each piece is a learning experience with something new coming from each one.~Gary
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    So true,Gary,so true. Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol: .