1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Retreat final stages

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Figure Mad, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Just a line to show you the final stages of my latest figure the Andrea Retreat 90mm.
    All I have to do now is do the Rifle sling, Bayonet and to dirty the figure as a final stage. I have finally got around the satin finish I was getting from some of the acrylics (thanks Roy)

Any way have a quick look, tell me what you think :)

Dave

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Brad S Member

Dave,

That is one fabulous figure. Everything just looks so superb. The groundwork is exceptional. Thank you for sharing.

Brad Spelts
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave, Nice job. That looks like a very "painter" friendly figure. Good going.~Gary
  4. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dave, You are doing great with this piece, I'm glad that the acrylic treatment worked for you. I expect this figure will be all dirtied up by around wednesday then..?? Maybe I will get to see it first hand. The work you have done on the snow still knocks me out...really...it looks so wet and cold.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the campaign effects applied, that will bring it all together.

Nice one mate (y)

Roy.
  5. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave,

A really nice job on this figure. I have admired it for some time and you have done a really great job with it.

Joe
  6. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    This really came together nicely. I like the compsition very much (y)

Keith
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Dave, congratulation on a job well done, I like it.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  8. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks guys for the compliments and the encouragement.

Gary your right totally painter friendly, the sculpting on the face is amazing

Dave
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Man - that's just beautiful! The "ice" encrusted on the bottom of his coat and boots!! How did you do that???!!!!
    If you don't win awards with this one, you woz robbed! ;) :lol:

all the best,
    Dan
  10. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dan

Well thanks for the compliments....and no I haven’t been robbed, just today, it took first place in its class.

Thank for the help guys

Dave
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Dave,

That man is almost frozen. So lifelikeness painted.

Congratulations.

Marc
  12. Jim Hockett Member

Thanks for sharing Dave. Your paining is very good and the groundwork is very convincing. The total effect is quite impressive.

Jim
  13. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Very impressive and "cold" piece Dave. You've done a fine job of bringing the snow and ground work up into the figure.

John