1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Resin figure disassembling

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Arminous, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Arminous Member

Hi all!

Could anyone please tell me if I could desassemble RESIN figures using NitroCellular Dilluter and/or Aceton?Would this harm the resin?I know Aceton harms Cyanoacrylic Glue and Epoxy putty,but Nitro Cel not.

Any answers would be very appreciated.Please,be sure about your answers-it would be a pity to see my figure destroied before my eyes :(

Thanks in advance!
    -Kostas.
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    I don't know to much about NitroCellular Dilluter, but I think that if you spray your figure with oven cleaner and let it sit for a while, it might just work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  3. marvin Member

Netherlands
    Hey Costas,

I've used Aceton to strip some paint off resin details on models, but it should be used VERY sparingly. I would not use it to dissasemble a figure by desolving the glued joints (if that is what you mean) as this would require a lot of the stuff. It probably depends a bit on the brand of resin used but I would not risk it.

Like Roc said: oven cleaner for the paint and dissasembly by carefull surgery. Nothing like a fresh x-acto blade! Good luck!

- Marvin -
  4. Arminous Member

Hi all!

Thanks a lot guys for your help!I guess I have no good news!I'll have to start surgery...I'll use my surgery scalpel...

Thanks a lot!
    -Kostas.