1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Repainted rider Napoleonic artillery train

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by robbyk9, Dec 20, 2005.

1. robbyk9 Active Member

Hello Guys

It was very quiet on my bench but I was still painting. This figure is now repainted
    for the 22e time hahaha. But I think it is now the last time.
    I must finish my waterloo project. The horse is now waiting to paint but first
    I have some lessons from a Russian masterpainter.
    Lucky me that I meet this very nice person. Here in Holland there are not many painters and if I want to learn something I must aslo see it by myself. I also join a club in Belgian Antwerpen A.M.S.S. and it is realy nice club.
    All comments are welcome and I will show a step by step pictures when I paint the horse.

Greetings Dick ;)

http://www.kitpic.com/is.php?i=21013&img=9866IMG_0437.JPG

[IMG]
  2. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice stuff, glad to see that you are improving and developing yourelf within the hobby. You can never fail to do this when in a good club. Keep up the good work!
  3. robbyk9 Active Member

Hello Blind Pew

Thanks for your reply it means alot for me. And you are right with join a club
    it helps alot. Only 2 hours driving to the club and 2 hours back is to sad but
    it is it worth.

Greetings Dick :lol:
  4. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Hey Dick, it's definately better than your previous attempt. Nice improvement (y) I particularly like the blue jacket. Very nice indeed. Is this the figure where you used the new Andrea flesh set?

Jim Patrick
  5. robbyk9 Active Member

Hello Jim

Thanks for your reply. And to answer on your quistion yes the face is painted
    with the new flesh-set of Andrea-miniatures.
    I must say the photo taking of this figure is a little bit dark. But the colours are really nice.
    I my opinion is this the best set available on this moment. It need some mixing even the instruction is saying not to but I think that the painting-instruction is fit for
    the Spanisch method of painting with acrylics.
    Next saterday I have a lesson with painting with acrylics the russian way. It is for me a new method. The painting is with Americana acrylics from decoart I must say I saw a demostration from my teacher and it is fantastic to see how this works.
    Can not wait till saterday.

See you later Jim
    Greetings Dick ;)
  6. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Great! Now you need to get to work on the rest of the figures. :lol: ;)

Jim Patrick
  7. robbyk9 Active Member

Hi Jim

I think it's going to be a very long project Jim. It is not going very fast with the painting. I saw sometimes here on planet some reply that painting horses are easy but not for me.
    It is very difficult. I tried it with the airbrush with vallejo model air but my airbrush was to qiuck stock with old paint. I now that for a beginner like me it is to high taken to begin with painting a set like this but a love it so much.
    I learn alot and painting with acrylics is tough but I must get true of it. Now 8 horses almost 12 figures and the groundwork is waiting to be paint.
    1 figure finished in 2 years is very quick are you agree with that hahaha.
    But when I see the light than it is going to be a lilttle bit quicker.
    This print is my inspiration for the project.

http://www.kitpic.com/is.php?i=21061&img=waterloo-52nd-a.jpg

Greetings Dick