1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Renaissance Knight, XV Century Pegaso Models 75mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Edorta, Jun 2, 2013.

1. maco61 A Fixture

Italy
    Fantastic painting Eduardo!
    The cloak is simply stunning.
    I like it!
    Ciao by Maco
  2. Ferris A Fixture

Wow Eduardo, terrific paintwork! The cape is stunning!

Adrian
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Geez thats good, as the others have said, the cloak is exceptional, you can see the weave in it. Love all the small details you have added as well
    Ben
  4. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Amazing work - great technique, fantastic harmony of colours, and of course, this unbelivable cape.
    Congratulations.
  5. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Thank you, Johan, Keith, Pedro, Maco, Adrian, Ben and Simon, much apreciated.
    Johan, about the leather armour, I know what you mean, but in the last times I´m avoiding the bright effect in leather or horse hair, for example, because I think it hide many of the nuances.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
  6. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Brilliant!!!!!!!
    Brian
  7. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Excellent...muy bueno
  8. Vaux Well-Known Member

Spain
    Awesome dude, that figure seems the most complicated to paint and you have given perfectly.

The layer to lie to mourn!

Congratulations!
  9. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  10. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Stunning work Eduardo.

Cheers David
  11. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Thank you very much, David.
    Hi to all again. I will try to explain how I painted the design of the cloak. First, I painted the whole surface in a brick red, with shadows and lights, and then I drawed the pattern in a lighter tone, but using the same color and adding some horizontal lines to create the ilusion of the the velvet texture.
    After that, I added shadows and lights to the whole design in order to gain some volume. Finally I added more fine horizontal lines using dark brown.
    Here are some pics.

Attached Files:

12. Blackship Active Member

Greece
    Johan has a point about the leather . Other than that that's an excellent paintjob .Congrats !
    sarouman likes this.
  13. Blackship Active Member

Greece
    deleted ...double post
  14. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Eduardo,
    Excellent and great cape.
    Cheers
    John
  15. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    According to Dimitrio, the leather breastplate blending wants to erase the steep contrast.
    The rest is painted miniature master class!

Thanks
    Alexandros
  16. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Absolutely brilliant. I can only dream of being able to paint as well as this (especially the cape).Top marks all round!

- Steve
  17. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    sarouman likes this.
  18. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Great all-around, but that cloak is magnificent! I also think the leather might look a bit better with a slight sheen, but that is minor, it's a beautiful piece.

Jason
  19. Johan Kees Active Member

Belgium

Eduardo

Please my friend, my comment about the lack of a light sheen on the leather armour was only given as a result of a very personal preference and taste. It is completely up to you to decide how to paint your miniatures. You did a tremendous job on this beautiful figure and my respect has risen even higher after seeing the detailed shots of the patterned cloak. This is really a top job you can be extremely proud of.

All the best.

Johan
  20. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Johan my friend, thank you very much for your comment, much apprecited, of course I always accept very well all the suggestions from you and the other planeteers, there´s no problem.
    Cheers.
    Eduardo