1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Removed from exhibit

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by garyjd, Sep 26, 2019.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    [IMG]
    Here's a posting from the Fort Pitt Blog. It was in reference to the displays
    that were no longer in the museum. Though it was already known by me that
    they were no longer there I was just curious as to what answer my inquiry
    would receive. In all fairness to the individual who answered I have no knowledge
    to suggest the person answering really knew.

I thought that out of respect and due to their wishes there are some individuals, places, and websites that will go unnamed. Though they are aware of my intentions to discuss the following subject I assured them that their privacy is important to me. On occasion when I have time I’ll search the internet for either art related subjects or historical ones that are of interest. It sometimes yields new websites or images for me to put in any one of my reference folders. One night I was looking through a well known website and typed in "French and Indian War". I started scrolling through some images and immediately stopped at one that struck me as familiar. It was a good catch considering the image was only thumbnail sized. I was 99% certain that these figures came from one of the many dioramas once in the museum. Now came the task of contacting the person who had posted the photograph. Fortunately making contact was fairly easy to do. When I asked if these figures were once part of a diorama in the Fort Pitt Museum their response was "do I know you?"

[IMG]
    The photograph I came across while searching a website. The black and white photograph
    shows the diorama as it looked when it was on display. The highlighted boxes show the
    figures in the color photograph.

Continue reading...