1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Remembrance Display

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Andrew Belsey, Nov 12, 2023.

1. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    After 42 years as a professional modelmaker I have become a technology technician at a school. It's no ordinary school. Sevenoaks School opened in 1432! I am not only cutting part for pupils and helping them with laser cutting and 3D prints. I have been able to lead a history lesson using my trench models and now have set up a Remembrance display outside our workshop . It contains my models plus some of the memorabilia that inspired my interest in WW1. I am really enjoying helping and inspiring a new generation as I ease towards retirement. This job is just what I needed!

20231109_131328.jpg

20231109_131340.jpg
  2. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

That's a wonderful and well done display Sir. Nice work.

Steve
    Andrew Belsey likes this.
  3. Rocco82 Active Member

Scotland
    Lovely stuff. Well done!
  4. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Such a neat opportunity as you enter into third stage of life Andy mate.
    Really good knowing you’ve found a home for both your work life as well as your creations.
    Enjoy it, tell lots of stories...
    leave even more curious youngsters, that one day post here about the day “‘Mr Belsey’ told us about the WW1 & trenches” :)
    Keep us posted on your latest lessons too!
    MikeTheKiwi
  5. oldtrousers PlanetFigure Supporter

Well done! That is a wonderful display.

Scott
  6. Ian Pen PlanetFigure Supporter

Ukraine
    Quality, if we wish to grow the hobby we must take every opportunity to develop interest.
  7. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I did something similar several years ago when I was still teaching in mainstream. I had a friend in the RAF at the time and we arranged for him to bring some apprentices to the school and we dug a real section of trench which we used as a teaching aid! The RAF guy, me and my technician spent a night in it for charity dressed in 1WW gear and we made trench stew, etc..! The local press were all over it!(y)
    Andrew Belsey and Merryweather like this.
  8. Merryweather A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great stuff Andy, and congratulations on your new direction.