1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP REMBO

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Vladimir Glushenkov, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Vladimir Glushenkov Well-Known Member

Bust of John Rembo for Legion Miniatures. The painting process will be covered in stages in this topic.

IMGP8741.JPG qPcRkMpc8bEnciXSS4RhifaVc78.jpg
    Nap and asicilia like this.
  2. Juddo69 Member

3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Vladimir

Certain,y a challenge to paint this fellow

Nice looking sculpt

Look forward to seeing more updates on this

Following with interest

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Vladimir Glushenkov and Oda like this.
  4. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Looks nice, wasnt his name John Rambo ?
  5. El Tché Well-Known Member

Great likeness ! Congrats !! I do not remember another bust from Rambo
  6. Vladimir Glushenkov Well-Known Member

Part 1. The basic painting of the body is over. Next will be blood spots and splashes.

IMGP8742.JPG
    Nap likes this.
  7. gazer Active Member

Israel
    Hey Steve,

I just couldn't resist sharing my own memory and anecdote regarding the "Rembo Vs. Rambo issue":
    Summer 2006, the Second Lebanon War, I serve as a medical officer of an infantry battalion of the Golani Brigade. My reserve medical officer, Capt. Dr. Igor Rotstein, is recruited to active service and arrives to the battalion. As you can guess from his name, Igor was not born in Israel, but came here with his wife and kid from Siberia in 1997.
    When we start to prepare our gear for action, Igor, who was a seasoned medical officer shows me his tips and tricks. Then, he pulls up a black piece of cloth and tells me: "Now listen Benny, you wrap this piece of cloth around your head, and you achieve two goals. First, you don't drop sweat all over the place when you treat your wounded patient. Second, and most importantly, you now look like John Rembo!". For some reason, I still remember the way he pronounced "Rembo" and not "Rambo", and how funny the whole thing was, helping to brake the tension of preparing for battle. Few days later Igor was killed when treating a wounded soldier in the village of Markaba, and posthumously awarded with the IDF decoration of distinguished service. RIP Igor "Rembo" Rotstein
    igor rotstein image.jpg
    1969, Steve Brodie and Nap like this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Benny

Respect to you and Captain Rotstein ( RIP )

image.jpeg

Nap
    gazer likes this.
  9. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Nice memory, sorry your friend was KIA :(
    gazer likes this.