1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Reinhard Tristan Eugen Heydrich

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by scipion94, Dec 12, 2011.

1. scipion94 Well-Known Member

Spain
    [justify]Bueno, este creo que todos ( o casi todos lo conocen ) , por lo tanto poco que decir , .
    la figura, de la marca Andrea a 90 mm , agradecida de pintar, eso si , la textura de la cara en la fundición ( muy pero que muy mejorable, , tiene mas hoyos que un campo de golf ) .[/justify]

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

john din likes this.
  2. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Um, look, I'm not really one to comment on the 'questionable' nature of pieces but isn't the 'Jude' groundwork a bit much? I'm sure you're not trying to glorify Heydrich's ideologies but some folks might take this the wrong way. I just think a simple floor or pavement would have worked a little better and not distracted from the piece which is otherwise pretty nice. Just my two cents. Cheers dude. -Stephen
    captnenglish likes this.
  3. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I agree with Stephen. The reviewer of this figure in Military Modelling magazine had it right: superb sculpting, but why this particular individual? I understand that Spain remained 'neutral' during WW2, but the Spanish must have some understanding of Nazi ideology, especially in view of their recent history.

Mike
  4. scipion94 Well-Known Member

Spain
    Good nights, it is not my intention to create polemic.

I am necessary decidio to put in the soil the Jewish star for the simple fact of what I represent the personage.

I do not enter topics of neutrality of countries or other things, simply wanted witness of the atrocities leaves that this type done.

You prop ... to remember the history is a way of preventing it from repeating itself.

For my this personage it has been the disgusting mas that has given the history, but .... the client gives the orders and pays.

One forgot to say to me that in spite of painting figures of this type, I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO SEE WITH THE IDEOLOGY NAZI, i don't want that nobody was taking to himself to misunderstandings.

Good nights and thanks for comment the piece .
  5. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Why not?

If you follow that logic then then why Genghis Khan? Why Attila The Hun? Why Ivan The Terrible? Why Vlad Tepes? Why Josef Stalin? After all, they're all mass-murderers every bit as brutal and unpleasant as Heydrich, yet all of them have been sculpted and released commercially for our painting pleasure.

I think all this politically-correct tippy-toeing around Nazi subjects that we see periodically is all a bit silly to be honest. Most of us are sensible enough to understand that just because someone paints a particular notorious subject from history, it doesn't mean that they're some sort of latter-day Nazi, a raving anti-Semite or a frustrated potential mad axeman.

- Steve
    captnenglish and housecarl like this.
  6. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    I can see your point brother, but I just wonder, ... what kind of a man is your client ? :rolleyes:;):D

Otherwise I do like the way you painted this figure of a sharp dressed gangster in a Hugo Boss designed uniform (y)
  7. scipion94 Well-Known Member

Spain
    A very rare rare client :confused: :cautious: but .... the client is the client :cool:
  8. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    OK. just 1 more thing Pedro : did your client notice also that the sculptor at Andrea Miniaturas who sculpted this figure is not very competent ? The sculptor, in my opinion, has depicted the fine tailor-made black uniform of this personage with just as much grace as a potato sack; funny if you consider that a "haut-couturier" like Hugo Boss designed these uniforms.
    I do not question your painting abilities, but I'm convinced that you'd paint even better on a better sculpted figure ! (y)

As for Andrea, if they want to tackle such hideous subjects that are better left alone then they might at least in the first place think about how the subject should be sculpted properly ...
  9. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I find it strange that you should feel so passionate about this Johan, given that in other threads you've posted with great enthusiasm about Alpine Waffen SS figures (including Kurt "Panzer" Mayer, a convicted war criminal).

Surely you're aware of the massacres and other atrocities that those bad boys perpetrated?

- Steve
  10. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    I am very well aware of who Kurt Meyer was, and of the reasons why he was convicted, and locked up many years in a Canadian prison for.

But for me there's a difference between a well sculpted historically accurate miniature of a WWII soldier, and an obviously badly sculpted figure which only has the purpose to show off the colour black and a swastika flag; the first thing is an added value to the hobby of figure painting, the second only has the purpose of being sold for money to people who are on the whole ignorant and/or frustrated, and for whom collecting nazi-regalia and objects that represent nazi regalia are an outlet for these frustrations.
  11. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    I would like to say it cautiously:

I see there a figure which should show a certain Nazi murderer.

To the cut of the uniform something has been already said, in such "08-15 clothes" higher Nazis certainly did not walk around.

Besides, at the uniform (it should concern a parade uniform) several details did not match or are absent equally completely, or are wrong painted.

This says me, that especially intensely you have dealt obviously neither with the time nor with the shown person.

Why paints one such - bad - figure?

And some symbols on the base are also wrong.

My impression is that here it is about simple showing off and - unfortunately bad - play with the horror that the Nazis had spread and possibly a lot of "SS" and other Nazi symbols there to be pointed - even the name "Heydrich".

And, be not so angry with me: The base with the "Judenstern" is a tastelessness for which you have to do yourself ashamed!

Client or not - some things quite simply does not make one...

Cheers
    Ineluki likes this.
  12. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    I totally agree : that is what this badly sculpted figure is about : showing off with an "overkill" of nazi symbols.
    That's the point I also wanted to make.
  13. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Since my company name was mentioned, I feel that I need to say one thing.

I don't see why we need to be sensitive to the history of one group of people while
    ignoring others.
    Tommi and Steve Riley like this.
  14. anderson01 New Member

United-States
    Permit to say; I agree with Steve, it’s merely an historical figure. One should know history for it not to be repeated. I see nothing wrong with sculpting figures of Hitler or any other Nazi personalities. After all, do they not sculpt figure of the American Civil War for whom some where slave holders who treated slave unfairly. Example, Nathan Bedford Forrest, who was the first Grand Wizard of the Klux Klux Klan. Yes, history should be ashamed of its self for what Man has done to other men, via slaves, torture or murder to suit their political gains or means, hopefully we've learn from histories mistakes. However, just because one sculpts a figure(s) of negative history does not make him or her, an avid follower of that particular ideology. Let’s just have fun with the figures and not place too many inferences’ on the political history.

After all, Torquemada had murdered hundreds of thousands of Jews to convert to Christendom via the Catholic Church edict. So, let us all just enjoy the models and have a good time.
    To all a Merry Christmas, etc..or for some, Happy Holidays for those who are for the Political Correctness.
  15. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
  16. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You don't even know who the client is, Johan. Much less know his motives and political views. That is just a baseless knee-jerk assumption on your part. For all you know it could be a piece for an anti-Nazi exhibition similar to one I saw in Rastatt (Germany) many years ago, which contained many such "shock" items.

At the weekend, I bought a bust of a Red Army figure from the 1920s, complete with a huge Red Star on his helmet.

Does that make me a closet communist seeking an outlet for my pent-up frustrations? Because by your logic, presumably it must. :lol:

And surely you must be just as offended by a Red Star as by a Swastika, given that Josef Stalin and Chairman Mao were both even worse mass murderers than the Nazis.

- Steve
  17. scipion94 Well-Known Member

Spain
    I only painted what it was on the art box .

I do not understand the symbols of that time, it's more ... I do not care if they are well or badly placed, it is not a historical period of which I feel very proud. The client send me that he wanted to put on the base and I ... simply put it .

I do not care at all

Two things; 1.- your impression are wrong and 2.- The horror that nazi caused are things that I don't like to play at all

I'm not angry with you because I did not know you, but ... the same way you do not know me to tell me what I should or should not be ashamed.
    I expose my works here as a modeler , not as a politician, a Nazi supporter or anything else you can think of, not ashamed of any of them because they are just pieces of lead paint over it, but please .... Let me be my own judge of what should be ashamed or what should not to be so

Thank you very much to all of you for your comments, but HOPEFULLY THE MODERATOR LOCK, CLOSE OR DELETE THIS POST, because I simply wanted to expose a figure to be criticized Modelistica appearance, not in its political, cultural, symbolic or anything else that was outside the world of modeling.

Sorry for my English but I am using a translator and do not know if all words are either translated or not.

Greetings to all and this is my las post in this figure .
    Meehan34 likes this.
  18. scipion94 Well-Known Member

Spain
    JA JA JA JA (y)
  19. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    ... Actually, I just think that the image of a badly sculpted Tom-of-Finland type dressed in black, displaying a swastika and TRAMPLING A JEW STAR does not add anything useful at all to the sum total of the art of figure modelling & painting. And if indeed I was a Jew myself I'd imagine I'd be insulted to the bone.
    That's all.
  20. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    And yet by your own admission you still like your Waffen SS figures - despite all the atrocities the Waffen SS committed.

Don't you think that a Jew might be "offended to the bone" by those figures (or indeed anything "Third Reich") as well?

I have to say Johan that I find your stance very contradictory, although taking offence on someone else's behalf is very "politically correct" of you. :lol:

And I'm still curious to know whether you find a figure showing a big Red Star as "offensive" as one showing a Swastika (for the reasons stated in my last post).

- Steve