1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Reinhard Heyrich 90mm Andrea paintup NSFW

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gothicgeek, Feb 22, 2015.

1. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi all!

To get my juices flowing after a bout of this weird cold that keeps coming back ( and back!! ) I decided to do a quick paint up of this kit ( which I got from our very own Dale! Cheers again! )

So, it depicts Reinhard Heidrich, architect of the final solution and all round shit. The model on the other hand is very nice and the pose is superb.

It's white metal which is also a shit but hey! You gotta do these things sometimes!

The uniform was sprayed and the boots, straps etc painted with hair brushes to get a harder look.

Another first for me, I painted the skin tones up from black, can't say it was better than a dark red or brown....

And finally, apologies for the swastika, its etched onto the arm band and is an integral part of the piece. hence the Not Suitable For Work......

DSCF5188.JPG DSCF5189.JPG DSCF5190.JPG DSCF5191.JPG DSCF5192.JPG DSCF5193.JPG DSCF5194.JPG DSCF5195.JPG DSCF5196.JPG
    Mike S., Ogr, Joe55 and 17 others like this.
  2. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Great job, but can't think of a more distasteful individual to recreate as a figure.
    garyhiggins, MCPWilk and Filipe like this.
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Beautiful paint job on what to my eye is a weak personality sculpt by Andrea. The face doesn't look much like Heydrich. Which may be a good thing. Nice exercise in painting black for you though.
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Looks great Mark. Seems that your style of painting adapts really well to 90mm, a cracking job.
    As to choice of subject this is not about idolising him ..... History's history it's as full of demons as it is of angels.
    If seeing this gets a few people to take the trouble to find out about this monster then thats a bonus going beyond a superbly painted figure.
    Cheers
    Derek
    fmargem, Scotty, ChaosCossack and 2 others like this.
  5. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Indeed Derek!
    The BBC did a drama in 2001 called conspiracy... Kenneth Branagh played heidrich.

A truly dreadful human being!
    MCPWilk and crf like this.
  6. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Watch Branagh's "Conspiracy." He looks nothing like Heydrich but does a great job nonetheless. Like watching an evil Board of Directors' meeting on the Holocaust.
    Scotty and gothicgeek like this.
  7. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
  8. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    And cheers chaps! :)
    crf likes this.
  9. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    The black is really smooth.

What colors did you use ?
  10. Ferris A Fixture

Terrific painting of this scumbag Mark.
    Wouldn't want this guy in my display cabinet though (NSFD)... :-/

Cheers,
    Adrian
    Filipe and Blind Pew like this.
  11. chris1 Active Member

Hi ya Mark
    Awesome job so far.
    I seem to recall either Adrian Bay or Adrian Hopwood doing the same figure for Military Modelling a few years back.
    There certainlyis nothing nice to be said about the man.
    The only positive I guess is the SS dress uniform allows us to practice painting Black.

Cheers

Chris
  12. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I love the way you handled the black marc,it looks beautifully done
  13. Mookie Well-Known Member

Great job on a sinister character.The other night Mastermind subject was life of Heydrich.Thought mmm not a great subject to swot up on.I remember the Military modelling article by Adrian hopwood.
    Great paintjob indeed.
    Happy painting from Richard
  14. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    great figure, the only way to get rid of man flu, is get the flu jab and drink whisky,/ grouse, I had it bad and it took 3 bottles of grouse to shift it. / badger
  15. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Really well painted figure Mark and the way you have handled 'black' is very convincing. Forget the 'politics' of the subject -characters like Julius Caesar who effectively committed genocide in Gaul get modelled absent any comment on the topic - and just accept it for what it is i.e. a very well painted metal figure and nothing more.
    Gary
  16. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom

You know Ventress, I couldn't have put it better myself. (y)
    MCPWilk and Ventress like this.
  17. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    great paint work Mark
    Redcap likes this.
  18. ometz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Once more, you have exhibited great skill here with this figure. I think Andrea should be applauded for its Third Reich series, figures that should remind everyone of the horrors planned and perpetrated in the name of a thousand-year Reich. This figure, at least, conveys the sneering disdain towards humanity characteristic of the attendees at Wansee and other venues. Less objectionable than depictions of smiling, happy Nazi soldiers going about their business.
    housecarl likes this.
  19. lopee Active Member

Czech-Republic
    I agree, the black is great. Well, the swastika is ok, too, because Heydrich is a historical figure and thanks to the Czechoslovak paratroopers he is just the history. Anyway it's good to remember dark times such as these when swastika was something normal. So thanks for it! Great job so far. (y)
  20. mark126804 Active Member

United-States
    Mark, Im gonna put my two cents in. Beautiful job on the black, please tell what paints and the process you used. And no need to apologize for the subject or swastika. It is a part of human history that we all need to remember, so that its not repeated. In spite of the subject you did a great and inspiring job.

Mark
    Mike S. likes this.