1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Rehearsal

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Lukalex, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Lukalex A Fixture

IM54-82 Rehearsal.
    Vignette based on a picture by Lesrel Adolphe Alexander.
    54 (62)mm. HQ Resin.
    Sculpted by S.Lupanov
    www.irbis-miniatures.com

Rehearsal.jpg Репетиция1.jpg Репетиция2.jpg Репетиция3.jpg Репетиция4.jpg Репетиция5.jpg
  2. mortier A Fixture

Germany
    Fantastic Vignette
    Sergey likes this.
  3. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
  4. Oda A Fixture

All of Sergey Lupanov's works are among my dream projects.He is simply one of the most talented sculptors I know of.

Oda,
    Sergey and Reptor like this.
  5. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Great work ! very beautiful sculpt ! :love:(y)
    Sergey and Oda like this.
  6. Henkm Well-Known Member

Very nice. It's great to have subjects other than military so well done.
    What is the meaning of 54(62) mm for the scale?
    NeilW, Sergey and Oda like this.
  7. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb vignette and, as Henkm says, good to have non-military subjects.

To my mind it really captures the original. All that brocade and embroidery will present the brush-fiends amongst us with a fantastic challenge/opportunity (way beyond my skill, eyesight and shaky hands).

Clearly the same basic 'set' has been used as 'Before Patrol' (sensible and it will be easy to make them different). My only peeves are that the window leading is far too heavy (they need a photo-etching) and, after listening to an LBC Radio 'phone in the other day, I realise that 'continental' windows traditionally open inwards as per the painting (seemingly due to the use of external blinds on many houses: the UK doesn't have the sun so no blinds and it seems that external openings keep the rain out better). I assume this can easily remedied when fitting them and, while at it, the picture frame could be made more 'rococo' and ornate, as per the painting.
    Sergey and Oda like this.
  8. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Get some clear plastic sheet (or glass), a good indelible marker/drawing pen or thin strips for the leading, and that window would present a fantastic challenge for freehand painting, add a cityscape backdrop then back light it... you'd end up something really special.

windows.JPG
    Oda likes this.
  9. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    Or.....search for a simular window on Internet, buy some overhead sheets, find a friend with a laserprinter and ....... at least, that is my plan since this nice vignette is on top of my stash...
    NeilW and Nap like this.
  10. Sergei Active Member

United-States
    I have no problems with the table or the window (they can be performing in London, after all), but there is an issue with the flute which the guy in the miniature holds like a reed-pipe (the artist in the picture got it right).
    NeilW likes this.
  11. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yes, there are several options available. Laserprinter overhead sheets (ie plastic film/cel) would work, but not the inkjet printable version with the grainy surface.

Look forward to seeing your WiP and final version.
  12. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Didn't notice that: is it a flute or a recorder style instrument?

Whichever, the overall feel of the piece is good..
    Sergei likes this.
  13. Henkm Well-Known Member

In the painting it loks like a traverso but the perspective makes it a bit hard to see. The sculpt seems to have the hands reversed though.
    NeilW and Sergei like this.