1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Registered member access

Discussion in 'PF Workshop' started by gordy, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I misunderstood. I thought all of these colors were being used on the single figure. If there is another workshop you can probably count me in.
    Fernando Ruiz likes this.
  2. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    And a really wise one! I was thinking on publishing the "essential" list as soon as I would have finished the miniature. So far, the colours used are:
    - 950 Black
    - 941 Burnt Umber
    - 921 English Uniform
    - 938 Khaki
    - 807 Oxford blue
    - 981 Orange Brown
    - 814 Burnt Cadmiun Red
    - 980 Black Green
    - 957 Flat Red
    - 815 Basic Skintone
    - 960 Violet
    - 959 Purple
    - 961 Sky blue
    I will surely add to the list 846 Mahogany brown, 858 Ice Yellow and 918 Ivory.
    Keep in mind that those will work to do a version based on my choose of tones but, you're right, it will help to have at hand some more of those pots.
    Regards
    FeR
  3. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    It will be a pleasure to count you in, Mike. My main concern at this point of our "adventure", as well as Gordy's, is to organize things the best way, get attendants as satisfied as possible with the quality of the workshop and simply have the time of our lives. This is a pilot experience and surely there will be things to adjust in the aftermath for future events. But this event will be special, as it will be the one to be remembered as the first. As Henry V said:
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;
    And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
    That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
    FeR
    gordy, alexwencho and Meehan34 like this.
  4. alexwencho Active Member

United-States
    Right-on my "Brother".

Alex Wence
    Fernando Ruiz and gordy like this.
  5. 1937jag New Member

United-States
    Thanks for the hospitality. Count me in, if I can bum a ride. Would a pint or two of home made salsa be a good addition to the grub? Provided the TSA folks don't make off with it first...just sayin' :cool:

Cheers,
    Doug
    Fernando Ruiz likes this.
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Sounds great Doug! (y)
  7. davsam28 New Member

United-States
    i look forward to seeing all of you thursday eve (y)
  8. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Same here! I'm ready for a bit of relaxing :)
  9. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Almost there, buddies!
    Just wanted to add to the paints list that you can also bring any metallic colour of your brand of choice. The miniature has a couple of metal details and I forgot about them when putting together the list :)
    See you all tomorrow!
    FeR
  10. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    My last update...
    Tomorrow I will be flying in the morning (14 hours) so I won't be around until I actually see you all in person!:eek::eek::eek:
    I wanted to leave a preview of my painted version that we'll be using for explanations:

[IMG]

See you tomorrow!
    FeR
    toy4x4 and Steve like this.
  11. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I love it. I fully expect mine to look just like it after your instructions:ROFLMAO:
    Fernando Ruiz, Wigdog and gordy like this.
  12. toy4x4 Active Member

United-States
    Great figure as always Fernando!

I will leave Tulsa around 11am and after a brief detour to White Castle, I will be there. I expect somewhere around 6:30pm.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
    gordy likes this.
  13. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    See you soon all! (y)
  14. alexwencho Active Member

United-States
    Taking a beak at the rest stop off I-44 (old route 66) near Lebanon, MO at 1:30am. My PT cruiser is full of all kinds of goodies and ready to get my paint brush wet. Headed in to the venue later this afternoon. Had some sushi (Cali rolls) and Korean kimchee last night at a Chinese buffet in Mt. Vernon, MO. My breath stinks...that's ok, don't plan to kiss anybody this weekend.

Alex Wence

Attached Files:

gordy likes this.
  15. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    LOL!

Stay safe my friend!
  16. toy4x4 Active Member

United-States
    Swarm! Swarm!

Ok, I can sit here surfing the web bored or hit the road.

I'm on my way!
  17. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Travel safely!
  18. toy4x4 Active Member

United-States
    Checked in. At the airport picking up Meehan.
  19. toy4x4 Active Member

United-States
    In the hotel bar with Mike. I have a white hat and blue shirt on.
  20. Wigdog Active Member

United-States
    Greetings Fellow Attendees,

I can't believe that the seminar is over, where did the time go? Just a couple of quick comments:

Gordy, thank you so much for putting on the seminar and allowing us to have a chance to learn from such a talented artist!

Fernando, thank you for your willingness to share your talent with us and your patience with all of us. Speaking for myself, and I suspect many others, it was well worth my time to be a part of this endeavor. Everyone's generosity was amazing and just proves once again that miniaturists / figure painters are very special folks!

To my classmates, it was a pleasure to meet all of you, and I'm only sad that I didn't get to spend more time with all of you and get to know some of you better.

To my immediate seatmates, Mike, Carlos, Tony, John, and David, it was indeed my pleasure.

Joe, a real treat for me, have admired your work for a long time and so glad to finally meet you in person.

I hope my path will cross with all of you again and look forward to seeing some of you in Chicago and Atlanta in the not so distant future. Any of you planning to come to Atlanta, please make sure I know it!

Wish all of you great success in your painting and as Roman says, "Happy Painting!"

Dave Wiggins
    John Bowery and Fernando Ruiz like this.