1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Registered member access

Discussion in 'PF Workshop' started by gordy, Jul 17, 2011.

1. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    A warm hello everyone! :)

We plan to use this exclusive forum to give out last minute updates, coordination and details.

Cheers everyone!
  2. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    excellent idea sir.
    gordy likes this.
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Made it in I see =)
    toy4x4 likes this.
  4. combatartist Active Member

United-States
    It works, this workshop will be great.
    gordy likes this.
  5. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks gents, we're committed to bringing you the best (y)
  6. modeler New Member

United-States
    Being a newb to this forum, as well as to this genre of modelling, may I suggest an introduction of the artist who will be taking his time to fly all the way to Missouri to show us how it's done? Forgive my ignorance, I mean no disrespect whatsoever; I just wish to get acquainted with my teacher before class ;)

I am BEYOND excited about this class!!!!!

:D
    Fernando Ruiz and gordy like this.
  7. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Shame for me it was not the weekend before as I would have flew in for this one, work always seemd to get in the way atm.:(

Good luck and hope you guys have a real good time(y)

Cheers
    Tommi
    Fernando Ruiz likes this.
  8. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Oh man! That would have been awesome (y) If you get the chance still don't hesitate!
  9. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Looking forward to this, of course, Uncle Sam permitting. I have a lot of plans and will be using this workshop as a springboard

Jim Patrick
  10. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Charlie, take a look at this thread by Fernando.

http://www.planetfigure.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38386

After reading through it, it will give you pretty good feel for what to expect with the workshop. As far as introductions, I will let Fernando do this for himself.

Jim Patrick
  11. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Mensaje de prueba
  12. clevischi Member

United-States
    I am very excited to attend to the workshop, will go all the way from Brazil just for it!
    toy4x4, Jim Patrick, modeler and 3 others like this.
  13. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    That's great to hear (y) Look forward to seeing you Carlos!
  14. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Hi, guys!

Sorry for the delay in posting here, but some technical issues made impossible to write any message, even after entering with the password.
    First of all, I want to say that I'm really thrilled by the chance to go to St. Louis for the seminar. When we first deised the idea, it seemed a huge task to acomplish but thanks to all of you and your wonderful response to the project we have managed to make it come true!

Also, I would like to say thanks to the staff of PlanetFigure. They are the kind of people you really want on your side when you want to work out any task that demands an imaginative, resourceful and hardworking team. Gordy, Jim, Joe, Guy, Tommi and Kaz, thank you very much for your support, buddies!

It's more than suitable that I write a brief presentation about myself (thanks Charlie for pointing this out ;))

Obviously, my name is Fernando Ruiz, as stated in the forum profile :), I am 36 years old and I was born in Málaga, Spain, althought I've been living in Barcelona for the last 15 years. I translate videogames from English to Spanish as a living.

I started painting miniatures 18 years ago, but I've been interested in toy soldiers since my childhood. At first, my interest focused in wargamming miniatures and Games Workshop stuff but, one day, around 16 years ago, I met some guys from my own hometown that would change my perception and interest on this hobby forever. I'm talking about Raúl García Latorre, Pepe Gallardo and Manuel Moya (the owner of the late Elite miniaturas). From that moment, I started with the histórical subjects and discovered a huge new world.

My interest remained that way until 4 or 5 years ago, when I found out that internet was a true window to the work of hundreds of guys who were doing the same thing as me. I decided I wanted to improve my style and painting quality. I started to participate in forums, attend to shows and seminars, searched all kind of useful info and the best of all, making a huge lot of friends inside this hobby.

Today, I participate in diverse forums, have my own blog, have attended and won awards in several shows in all Europe (althought I don't like to focus or measure my career in the awards obtained), collaborate with sculptors in original pieces and paint boxarts for companies as HistoricArt/Nocturna or Art Girona.

I believe I still have a long road ahead that I hope is full of challenges, new friends to meet and new places to discover!

It will be a privilege to be there in St. Louis with all of you.
    FeR
  15. alexwencho Active Member

United-States
    Checking in and all is good on this end.

alex wence
    gordy likes this.
  16. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Right on brotha!
  17. alexwencho Active Member

United-States
    is it ok to ask questions?
  18. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    What's on your mind ?
  19. alexwencho Active Member

United-States
    Thank you and first of all, congratulations on this being an international event.

I have a few technical questions and will start with these three.

1) Is the seminar figure metal or resin? (web Link to the figure company please) (need to be primed ?)

2) Is the seminar figure right out of the box and packing, with seem lines that need to be cleaned or filled down? (need to bring micro files ?)

3) Info on the parts break down? (need to bring super glue or epoxy ?)

I have more tech questions, but that is all for now.

Thank you very much and this is going to be a great time.

alex wence
  20. frosser New Member

United-States
    Hi,

My name is Fred. I used to paint figures in my twenties. Lost interest for a while but still attended a show a year or so, just to observe. I'm 53 now and after watching the work in acrylics both in modeling and figures I thought this would be a great way to jump back in.

Looking forward to meeting you all, and learning as much as I can.

Fred R.