1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Regiment De Soissonois Officer ,yorktown 1781 ( Update 2)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Jan 6, 2013.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello planeteers,
    i have made more progress on the officer of the Soissonois Reg.
    the coat is practically done,lapels and cuffs ,vest,pants and hat too.
    Still need to to start up on his face,hair, cuff ruffles , gaiters,shoes and hands, so still lot to be done but for now i am pleased how it 's coming along.
    I have changed the "crimson" 3 different times and decided to go more towards the megenta/pinkish red, very close to the Polish lancer's crimson which in my opinion is the best rendition of this color.
    Probably the pictures don't really show the real color,not sure but at least gives an idea of the shade of it.
    Idecided to add a cross on his left hand lapel,which resembles the corss of the Military order of "saint Louis " first introduced by Louis XIV in 1693 for officers givingdistinguished service and hung from a scarlet ribbon , i painted a little brighter orange-red to make it stand out and not to be omitted by the crimson color.
    Hope you folks like it.
    Regards DSC03699.JPG DSC03698.JPG DSC03700.JPG DSC03701.JPG DSC03699.JPG DSC03698.JPG DSC03700.JPG DSC03701.JPG