1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Reference help needed......

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by bonehead, May 15, 2014.

1. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    As many know, sculptor par-excellence Ron Tunison passed away this past year. Many years ago I sculpted a tribute to another lately parted and admired artist, Richard Scollins. The result was a certain Culloden Highlander which was quite popular in its day.

I would like to do something similar for Ron Tunison. There was a great article on him and some of his early work (for the "Soldier Shop", I believe) in an old issue of "Campaigns" magazine. I know I have the issue stashed away somewhere in a box in the garage. But I do not know which issue it was and do not fancy doing that kind of time consuming excavation right now.

Does anybody have this particular issue handy? It would be helpful to know which issue it was, and better yet, if somebody can scan the article and transmit the images to me. I think I know which figure i would like to do - but I would like to review the photos to be sure.

Any help anybody out there can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Mike Good
    Edward and smudger1960 like this.
  2. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yes, he wanted a 200mm Zulu War figure/figures ;)(y), honest:angelic:
  3. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom

Yes I agree, Naval brigade in particular wasn't it Richie?

Jonesy
    Richie likes this.
  4. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Mike!
    I don`t know if this is of any use for you but that`s what a google search came up with:
    CAMPAIGNS MAGAZINE of MILITARY MINIATURES 19 NOV DEC 1978 RON TUNISON

Cheers, Martin

Obviously it was a good hint - look over here:http://campaignsmagazine.com/wp/index-of-articles/
  5. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I've just checked my copy....good old google.......Issue 19...Pages 20-25

Keith
  6. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks guys! At least I now know which issue i am looking for. I did some digging, still haven't uncovered any Campaigns magazines..... :mad:
  7. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
  8. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I can get at mine. Here you go. These are 150 dpi. Send me your email by PM if you want better.

Colin

img770.jpg img771.jpg img772.jpg
    img773.jpg img774.jpg img775.jpg
  9. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks so much to everybody (especially Colin!) for the help! I knew you guys would come through!

I'm not seeing that Zulu war stuff though....... ? :cautious:

Cheers!!

Mike
    captnenglish and Jeff like this.