1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Reedees Miniatures' 1/9th scale ammunition belts

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Pops, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    As a paying customer, I was fortunate enough to purchase some lengths of
    "pre-release" 1/9th scale ammunition belts from Steve Readdie last week (in conjunction with a bespoke badge he did for me...but that's another story for later on...:angelic: ).

After the ubiquitous Paypal transaction, 2 x 3" strips of ammo arrived by 1st class post encased in bubble wrap and a sturdy plastic box; all inside a jiffy bag too!

The resin is a nice neutral grey colour and the detail is very good (IMHO). There was some very fine flash from the moulding process but this quickly disappeared using an old toothbrush whilst resting the ammo on a hard surface.

I have added a small strip to the (previously completed) MG42 gunner by Young and plan to do similar justice to Young's MG34 gunner in the coming days (once completed).

NOTE: this stuff breaks (understandably) easily, as I found out whilst working on a way/s to get it to drape in a pseudo-realistic way. I had minor success with the hair-dryer but opted in the end to cut the belt down into 2-3 link sections before super-gluing them back together. the results are in the photos enclosed.

In summary I will not hesitate in placing more orders for these belts. Now, is there any chance of Steve producing some 75-round snail drums too? :happy:

Attached Files:

2. Helm A Fixture

England
    Steve always does quality work, class act all around,excellent review

Steve
  3. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Amazing how just those few rounds can really set off this figure. By the way, the camo job on the coat and helmet cover look great!

Joe
    Pops likes this.
  4. faust18 Active Member

I think freindship models 50 round drum mags with thier mgs but they are oval and look a bit odd IMHO , regards , mick