1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Reedees 1/16 Scale Model Weapons

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Richie, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello All,
    I was fortunate enough to receive the 1/16 scale WW2 weapons and then later the Martini Henry prior to general release. I have not been asked by Reedees Miniatures (a.k.a. “1969” – Steve) to promote or review his products, but I do want to take an independent customer review.

All the weapons have been meticulously researched and sculpted by Steve Readdie of Reedees Miniatures. The 1/16 scale weapons (pictured) are supplied in a blister pack of 2 at a price of £5.00 plus P & P. Packs ordered are securely sent in sturdy packaging to avoid damage.

They are cast in a grey resin with superb crisp definition and detail. I have either shown both sides of the weapons or one side and a top view.

Sten Guns are provided with the magazine loose, so you can have the option of loaded or loading the weapon. The Mosin Nagant snipers rifle comes in two different castings one being wrapped in cloth.

There is the usual casting blocks one would expect and very minimal clean up.

In conclusion these weapon sets are superb value and even better quality. You will certainly not be disappointed. These weapons will enhance your figures. If like me you could rough out a figure, I could not achieve this detail and skill in weaponary and why would I want to at those prices.

For other scale weapons, parts, figures and busts why not check out Steve’s website.

Attached Files:

yeo_64, DrLutz, elgreco and 13 others like this.
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Great review Richard. I was just getting ready to post a review of some of the weapons Steve sent me but will hold off for awhile. I hope to see more reviews by you in the future.
  3. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey there, Ritchie:

Holy Cow, Macareral Andy. . . . Thanks for showing these images of Steve's
    super weapons in 1:16th scale, in great detail.

Steve e-mailed me last week that he is also doing weapons from the USA
    Wild West era. . . and more surprises to come.

Just super work at very reasonable prices.

Thanks again,

The Miami Jayhawker
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Great review, and awesome weapons by Steve.(y)
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Outstanding value for the money and long overdue on the market!

All the best,
    Dan
  6. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great review,

Absolutely superb weapons sets and very well cast !

Great work steve

Stu
  7. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well said, 100% agree!
  8. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    Guy - This is my first try at a review and thanks for the thumbs up.(y)

Rick - You know, as I do, what you get from Steve is QUALITY.

Pedro - Thanks for the thumbs up.(y)

Dan - Totally agree long overdue.

Stu - They are fantastic.

Gordy - As a sculptor you know quality when you see it.

thanks again, I hope I achieved what I set out to do.
    cheers
    Richie(y)
  9. ukali1066 Member

United-Kingdom
    Great ! I can sculpt but rifles always were too much effort and were off putting, these will make it much easier....hope to see the Western weapons materialise too
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Richie,

Thanks for the great review and the pics. Clearly Steve's got a great line of weapons there and will be extremely popular.
  11. Robert Jan de Wit PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Looking great!
    I saw on the website a link to 1:32 weapons. Any news on when this range will start?
    I have enough suggestions and it will be great to see a diverse range of resin weapons of this perfect quality from the 1700-1914 period

greets,
    Robert Jan
  12. Einion Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking the time to do the review Richard and for the great pics.

They look super, and as you say excellent value.

Einion
  13. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thankyou everyone for your comments on the weapons it is much appreciated, the next batch of new releases are going to be announced very soon, should be 11 new weapons to add to the range.

#Robert... I have not started the 1/32 range as yet, I will look at getting that range of the ground once the other scales have sufficient quantities to offer.
    If you have suggestions for 1/32 weapons feel free to contact me.

Many thanks Richie for your review,

Steve
  14. Robert Jan de Wit PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    hello Steve,

I have sent an PM

greets,
    RJ
  15. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    How about a Lee Enfield? The SMLE in various forms equiped Brirish, Empire and Commonwealth forces for 50 years.

Good luck,

Mike
  16. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mike,

Lee-Enfield is on the list for 1/16 and 1/24 scale versions.

Cheers

Steve
    gordy likes this.
  17. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Richie thanks for the great review Steve is certainly produceing an excellent range of superb weapons.

Cheers Ken