1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Red Lancer Demi Round Bust

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by RFL, Nov 22, 2010.

1. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Officer of the 2nd. ( Red Lancers ) of the Imperial Guard. about 200mm Demi Round flat bust by Fabrice Eisenbach released through Metal Models. Acrylics.

Attached Files:

2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very vibrant Richard, like all of it very much.
    Carl.
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    The golds turned out very nicely! Well done Richard.

Jay H.
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Very nice indeed Richard, lovely colours and the golds are really good.

Roger
  5. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful golds!!
  6. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Thanks very much Carl.

Very kind of you Roger !

Thanks for the nice words Jay.

Much appreciated on the golds Jason, Thank you.
  7. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Richard, beautiful painting, very rich reds and blues and excellent work on the golds. (y)

Cheers Ken
  8. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Richard,

This really jumps out of the background, I love the contrasts you have created. Perhaps the highlights on the Moustache and Eyebrows are a little overdone? but it may be the photo.......................apart from that great work!
    Keith
  9. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Excellent paintwork Richard!

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  10. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Ken, good of you to comment !

Keith, I think your right, needed to have toned those down a bit, wanted to get this finished for a friend at the L.I. Show so skipped the usual in progress pics used to check on that kind of stuff....

Thank you Marcel, very kind words !
  11. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Beautiful paint! Congratulations.

:eek:Richard what a wonderful flat figure.
    Every day like more and more flat figures, it seems extremly difficult to paint this kind of stuff dont know if I was capable to do that..:confused:
  12. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Thank you so much !

These are not really pure Flats, which I cannot paint, but between a flat and a full round figure and are not that hard to do. Here is his web site, where you can see some in the white metal. Fabrice does wonderful 1st. Empire figures, as well as large horse studys and indians.

To be honest, sometimes the castings are perfect, sometimes they need some help ;)

http://www.eisenbachfigurines.fr/

Regards
    Richard
  13. Wlas Member

United-States
    Absolutely stunning paint job! Saw this beauty at the Long Island Show and was blown away at the non-metallic golds. Fantastic work, Rich.
  14. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Thanks John ! Lot of great work there.

I think the New England Planet Figure guys pulled some golds, as you did for your superb American Indian Blackfoot Bust by Reid.

Phil had some fine original sculpts there too. Hope we see the show results at some point as well as pics......