1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review RED GRASS GAMES - WET PALETTE

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Paulo, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    RGG.JPG

Actually we have a lot of products in the Market, and is also nice that we have a lot of reviews available in the diferent Forums, so we can see it from a diferent point of view, and choose the better for us. what I mean is, I payed for many other Palette´s before and never was 100% happy with them ...
    Recently I discovered RED GRASS GAMES a French Company made by 2 brothers, that also painted Figures- so they decided to make their own company, and diferent/improved products. Basiclly they chose a product and make all the research they can (really very much) to made it eaven better. What could be better ?

Let´s talk about the EVERLAST WET PALETTE
    There is 2 sizes - I choose the Painters size beacause it´s more versatile (smaller)
    A.jpg

The Palette originaly brings:
    -A -1 Palette - this is made with a very resistant plastic (everlasting)- but for me as the perfect dimensions 20x15, and is not to deep (good)
    1.JPG 3.JPG
    -B - 1 Cover- it´s made of plastic in Orange color, for close the main Palette, when you want to keep the painting for latter- or next day (better put it on the freeze)

this can either be used as a second Palette, for a friend, or for yourself if you need for example 1 with normal color and another with Metalic colors (in this case you can´t keep your mix for painting latter)
    8.JPG DSC03813.JPG
    C - 1 Elastic - to help closIing the Palette, good quality as you can see
    2A.JPG 2B.JPG
    D - 5 x wells/Deposit - to make washes or diluted paint- they are usefull to hold your brush (thats whi they are weavy), has 5 wells for inks and highly diluted paint
    9.JPG DSC03817.JPG
    he as 2 magnetics so it can be atached to the main Palette, in two diferent positions, at your choise, and also you can separate them, for washing and use a new color
    6.JPG 7.JPG
    E - 2 Hydration Foams - This foam is made for keeping the paint allways fresh, avoiding them to dry, it is solid/resitant, extra thin, and its allways straitght (not weavy) - there is a extra one if you need to use the cover as Palette or as a simple spare one - they come with the Wet Palette, but you can buy them separetly in the future (if you ever need)
    3A.JPG 4.JPG
    F -Hydration paper- Also furnished when you buy the Wet Palette, in a 50 sheet set- of course you can buy it as a spare latter - note that there is diferent sizes ok - in this case is the "Painter" size
    DSC03820.JPG DSC03821.JPG
    Finally I only have to say that in spite of the price, it´s a a really nice quality /price product.
    It´s really the BEST PALETTE I haver seen, very very good quality materials, very flexible, very resitant, very pratic - 2 sizes to really fulfill your needs- I really think that someone who buy´s this, wont need or want to change is Palette -
    Ps : they eaven made a FAQ to answer further questions you may have, in the link bellow
    https://www.redgrassgames.com/faq-wet-palette/
    General info and RED GRASS GAMES website:

http://www.redgrassgames.com/everlasting-wet-palette/everlasting-wet-palette-painter/?ref=19

http://www.redgrassgames.com/everlasting-wet-palette/accessories/?ref=19

Wish you nice Paintings ...
    Paulo Carrelo DSC03827 - Cópia.JPG
    Manfred, theBaron and Merkava like this.
  2. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
  3. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    thank you for the review
    Paulo likes this.
  4. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I agree with Paulo (having recently bought one of these) The initial outlay made me wince a bit, but having used it for a couple of months now I'd recommend it without reservation.
    The paper holds together much better than the various brands of 'parchment' or 'baking paper' I tried and the sponge is firmer than what is usually preferred in home-made versions so it behaves well with the paint staying in the place you put it unless you move it with your brush.
    (I'll be using mine at the demo table at Bugle call if anyone wants to see one in the flesh) :)
    Cheers
    Paul
    Nap, Viking Bob, Paulo and 1 other person like this.
  5. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    So true ...
  6. gerryj199 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thank you for the review Paolo
    Paulo likes this.
  7. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I just got myself one, too. My primary reason was the small footprint-it won't take up so much room on the bench. I had been using a home-made wet palette up till now, and it, too, only takes up a space of about 4"x8" or so.

A friend of mine has one, so I got to take a look at one, before ordering, but I had no reservations.

When the package arrived, I was impressed with the manufacture. The palette paper itself is particularly thin, thinner than Masterson's, and it doesn't take a lot of water to operate the palette. I ordered an additional packet of paper at the same time.

The container seems reasonably air- and water-tight. I like the additional well bar, which can attach via magnets to 3 of the 4 sides of the palette. And the band that fits around the closed palette, as additional security to keep the lid in place. It's not really necessary; the fit of the lid is tight enough that I don't expect it to pop off. But it's nice to have.

I'll find out how it travels tonight. I have it packed in my toolbox, in advance of our club meeting tonight down in Philly.

Best regards,
    Brad
    Paulo likes this.
  8. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal

Hi Brad, totaly agree with you, I find ard to tell all the good points, maybe because I think peoples will think that I´m exagerating, but the reality is that in one word - it is COMFORTABLE to work with, they really think in all the details.
    As I said, once you use it, you wont regret.
    Cheers