1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Recent Work

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by eas6644, Mar 29, 2009.

1. eas6644 Active Member

United-States
    Some recent projects I worked on. Trying to get a handle on the Vallejos.
    Please be kind.....;-)

Attached Files:

2. Jehan17 Member

Canada
    Ahh, acrylics. I'm also trying to tame them myself. From what I can see it's good, colours, placement, the base etc...

The only thing is that your blending is a bit harsh, especially on the leg. What I am finding out is that Vallejo's need a lot of dilution to achieve a good blend.

All is not lost though, try and come back over the whole area with a very thin wash of you base colour, the exact dilution will vary but to me it looks more like tinted water. By doing successive passes you should see the highlights and the shadow blend, you can then come back with thin paint on the highlights and shadows to make adjustments.

For me that has been the rule as I tended to put down to much paint that resulted in highlights that looked more like they where added on rather then part of the fabric. Cheers.