1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Recent 54mm one-offs and busts

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Stephen Ward, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Here are some recent works, from oldest to newest, going back to 2010 to get caught up here on pF.
    Cheers, Stephen
    American tanker, Operation Iraqi Freedom[IMG]
    Little Girl. One-off 120mm bust based on Michael Yon's incredible photograph of Major Mark Bieger carrying a dying Iraqi girl in Mosul.[IMG]
    Special Forces operator, Afghanistan 2010. Conversion of the Warriors SEAL bust.[IMG]
    Alive Day. 54mm original based on a photo of Bryan Anderson holding his Purple Heart. He is a military police officer who lost both legs and an arm in Iraq.[IMG]
    Stood Up. 54mm original of a cold and upset guy who got stood up on a date, tossing the flowers he brought aside.[IMG][IMG]
    Welcome to Korengal Outpost. 54mm conversion of an American infantryman in Afghanistan sending a greeting to the Taliban.[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Captain William Hogue, 2nd Louisiana Infantry, Cuba 1898. A 54mm one-off of my great-grandfather during the Spanish-American War.[IMG]
  2. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    cool stuff sir. I like your style a lot. I really want to try and do some original stuff. Any chance of an SBS on your next one?
  3. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    It was great seeing this stuff again Stephen! Thanks for the pictures and I hope there is more to come, sure like your thought provoking pieces. Will you be in Chicago?
    Scott
  4. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Very good unique stuff here Stephen, all with character, nice painting too.Bravo !:).
  5. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Rob, Scott, Mike- thanks for the kind words gents. Scott, not sure about Chicago this year. It'll depend on projects at work.

Mike, next I'm doing a 54mm one-off as a Christmas present for my girlfriend's folks. It's based on the 'George Lassos The Moon' scene from It's A Wonderful Life where he's painted by Mary, well, lassoing the moon. I'll take a few extra pics of the process and post a SBS of sorts on here brother.
  6. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Really nice stuff my friend. Top two busts are my faves

Steve
  7. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Thanks brother. What's new on your workbench?