1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

RECASTERS !!!

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by stu, Dec 11, 2014.

1. polyphemus Well-Known Member

I can't remember if I've posted on this thread before but if I haven't it wasn't for lack of passion. I abhor recasters & even more I detest the low life scum who buy from them. I hope that Stuart, Graham * any others affected find the solutions & resources to carry on in business.

Geoff
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi Ade,
    Just spotted this post , I'm not convinced you are completely right there.
    I spoke to chris kitne before christmas about the model with javelin launcher.
    The range is available but I got the impression that it's a casting to order situation at the moment.
    It would be worth a call if you need something, the no. is on the site
    Paul
  3. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Ref Barton - I think I somewhere corrected my self.

The website for Barton etc. is somewhat under maintained - but I did get the figure I was after from Chris and yes he seems to be casting to order.

Anyone wanting anything from Barton range should get in touch and expect a slowish response.

But you will get what you want.
  4. vince wai Active Member

Hi Stu,

I think there's no way to rid of the recaster completely:notworthy: Had been sculpting and producing figures before. For small producers ( like me ) it's hard to keep on and it's even worst to have recasters selling your works.

Only way to deter the recaster to choose your figures is either lowering your price ( which is not a very possible option as the time and overhead involved which you hope to get some reasonable returns for your effort ) and the other way is to increase the cost of the recaster ( which may be the time in doing the molds or they had a hard time to recast from your castings ). One way I can think of is that sometimes the parts are split and engineered for easy casting and prevent air traps but we are also doing all the hard works and solved the problem for the recasters. How about gluing some of the parts back ( after casting , I know this means extra works ) which will make it harder to make a efficient mold out of the combined parts. If they want to split the parts again, they need a lot more work or they may even ruin the kit.

And another way is the support effort from the customers, try to support your favorite producer/sculptor and buy direct from them whenever possible and this make sure the producer/sculptor get the reward from their work.

Just my stupid 2 cents.
    all the best

vince
    Waterman likes this.