1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

RECASTERS !!!

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by stu, Dec 11, 2014.

1. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi,

This is really for all the manufacturers that visit the site, and there associated resellers.

Having been and continuing to be defrauded by some recasters of late even though I have put my case to ebay,,,they continue.

I have managed to track a source for one of these lovely polskie recasters. I was quite shocked to find that a few people I contacted also knew him !!!

The only way we as manufacturers and resellers can slow this down,,,,yes slow it not stop it, is if we talk to each other and pass the info on.

If you are interested then please PM me to join and we can share what we know and prevent them getting our new products when we best have chance to sell them ourselves,,,,when they are new !!

We cant stop it,,,we all know that, but lets make it harder,,,lets barrage ebay with reports of items.

We are haemoraging lost profit,,,our futures and our product development.

To everybody here,,,tell me the recasters via PM, it will be interesting I am sure, if your not sure of a figure send me the picture/link ,,,I will be able to recognise the manufacturer but also have the recaster sent to everybody.

This doesn't need replies or arguments please, it just needs us all to help each other if we want to make things a little difficult, because that's all we can do !!!!!

THE FUTURE OF YOUR HOBBY NEEDS YOU !!!!

The Golden Age of our Hobby is dying I feel,,, Recasters and there customers are KILLING OUR HOBBY.

Stuart
  2. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Stu,..
    I suspect you already know that we as buyers will! and can do whatever we can, to prevent any demise of this frustrating 'Hobby'.

As stated, your thread is geared towards other manufacturers however, we as consumers can also be of assistance, in our own limited capacity.;)(y)

High Regards,

Mark
    garyhiggins and napoleonpeart like this.
  3. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi mark

Many thanks my friend

We all need to do this....as manufacturers we dont tend to shop etc for product so we dont necessarily find them. I need everybodies help but we as sellers and producers have to deal with it. Hence please all..send me the links and i will pass them on.

Cheers

Stuart
    garyhiggins and Tubby-Nuts2 like this.
  4. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You have my total support in the fight mate (y)

Ron
    stu likes this.
  5. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers ron

Stu
  6. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Stu,
    This is a cause worthy of everyone's support, not least because recasters are plain low pondlife. Makes me want to reach for the old '44:mad:
    I've been caught out by these leeches, largely through my ignorance. Not any more!

Cheers, Alan
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    If I find some one you can count on me.
    Unfortunally I always buy at shows and at the manufacturer himself.

Marc
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Stu ,

Definately count me in on this

Go get'em tiger

Nap
  9. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    This is just a personal opinion, but from my own experience, uniting yourselves like Stuart proposes is the only viable option to act against this:

If any manufacturer does the things his own way then anarchy will reign and counterfeiters will benefice from it. "Give time to your competitors and dark clouds will come sooner than you think"

If you all act coordinately and threatening than the output can be different. I would like to give my two cents: Form together an association. No need to be pompous and no need to spend cash: Just a good name (without mentioning piracy or threats). Ex: "World Association of Figure & Aftermarket Producers" and a Facebook closed group to you all manage threats together.

First join yourselves than act coordinately - Just remember the motto: "Unity makes strength"
    Perseas, stu and napoleonpeart like this.
  10. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You have our full support here at Ellie's Miniatures. we are right behind anything can be done to try and stem the flow. we will keep you informed of anything we see or hear by PM

Cheers

Ian

Ellie's Miniatures
  11. Ferris A Fixture

An association is a good idea. It will give you more 'weight' towards the likes of eBay. Maybe you could check out how e.g. The IPMS is organized (International Plastic Modeller's Society).

Adrian
  12. Ray Stout Well-Known Member

You have my total,and complete support, you know my own method has worked, and if we can do it "en mass" WE CAN get these prats and sting them where it hurts,i.e. in the wallet. Ray
  13. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Hey Stu,
    You have my support;And maybe this has already been said....But I shop ebay;but why is there no listing as to who the ripoffs are.I'm in the U.S and I see stuff from Russia...Thailand.....Hungary....China....Hong Kong and on.......Make a list and post it....Buyer beware......Just my thoughts....Regards....Wayne
  14. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Without pretending to create controversy, please see this eBay auction :

UK based, and the tittle says it all: 90mm pegaso recast mounted napoleon:

(Steve, I placed the link to show I am not inventing this. Please understand)

Friends, this is nothing new to me in industry, but if only you owners can act here, please do it fast: from one in the summer, see how many are now.
  15. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Returning to this topic, please, is this legitimate or a knock off:

(Steve, if illegitimate please remove!!! Thanks!)
  16. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Only just come out, what's he done with the box.
    Recast in my book.(y)
  17. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I must admit i give up. !!!!

Has pf become a recasters paradise.

Adios

stuart
  18. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Blue Thunder, ..

The whole issue of this recasting problem was, 'Not to advertise any links' to possible recasts regardless of intentions. .. But to notify the original producer via a 'Private Message'. Then allow those that are affected to take whatever action they deem fit.

Mark
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  19. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Links removed from your posts Blue Thunder.(y)
  20. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Fortunately not PF, Stuart. Unfortunately ebay... That kit was released just four weeks ago!!! #$@##@#&#!!!

As it is illegitimate, thanks for removing the links, Carl. (y) Impunity reigns = same tittle, same photos and only just one month after the original was released!
    housecarl likes this.