1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Recast Alert!

Discussion in 'Report Piracy' started by bonehead, Feb 6, 2013.

1. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks to Tommi for uncovering this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Resin-Mod...N&hash=item46094b15f9&clk_rvr_id=448157783029

Definitely a knock off. This bust was only ever available in a vintage Dragon (then DML), Fokker Triplane kit. There is no question that these kits are knock-offs as the Dragon kits were never cast in gray resin.

Hell, they even used my name! How about sending me the money too, Mr. Pirate! :mad:

Mike
    Tommi and J.A.Hidalgo like this.
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Yep! Its yellow resin.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Mike ,

Your original is a cracking sculpt ...this tosser of a recaster needs hanging..this is an insult to your talents .

I fear we can never put a stop to this piracy

Nap
  4. Mac1966 Well-Known Member

Italy
    Recast strike again!

:(

Marco

PS
    The resin is always grey... Young Fake.jpg
  5. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Where does it end... really.
  6. Don Well-Known Member

I do love the e-bay claim on this figure "Your in safe hands when you shop on e-bay, There is also an ebay protection site on the page,
    Lying tossers,

Don
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  7. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Good thing, it reminds me that I have the Ritchhofen bust somewhere? Im gonna look for it.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  8. Paul-H Member

United-States
    Just reported this to eBay, it will be interesting to see if they take it down, perhaps a few more of you could also report it. There is button to do this on the auction page.

Paul
  9. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    ... if there was a kind of syndicate for the protection of copyright of historical miniature sculptors then such an organisation could take legal action against this kind of thing ...
    Maybe you guys should get together and discuss this, maybe the MFCA meeting overthere in America where all the mfca masters gather with reception and dinner and all would be a good place to talk about it ?
    Don't know, just an idea I had.
  10. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mike
    you will also find on the same site Rickenbacker Bust, Ernst Udet bust, & Highland Clansman amongst meny meny more

Ian
  11. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    ebay is like a cancer Mike, I notice about some rats here in Venezuela who sell copies of Young Miniatures bust and I guess some other manufactures, time to say it! They sell it in lower prices of course with a bad presentation...
  12. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    When nobody buys - if everyone is more careful and not look for this kind of products these pirates necessarily have to change business.

Pedro.
  13. Einion Well-Known Member

It's probably endless unfortunately.

eBay could certainly do more to keep on top of this sort of thing and not just respond to complaints but they clearly don't care enough to; if they did they would do more. Some of the steps they could take are blatantly obvious but it's blatantly obvious they don't even go that far.

They need dedicated staff whose sole job it is to work on this, so they'd become experts themselves through experience and don't have to wait for complaints from third parties to alert them. They should routinely track IP addresses as it would directly help them spot persistent offenders registering another ID. Childishly simple.

eBay have always had a conflict of interest though - they get their cut, legitimate sale or not!

Einion
  14. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Just reported it to Ebay as a counterfeit. Curious if I will ever get a reply form ebay?

cheers,

Gino
  15. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    why is this even in the news section? Why is a link to the guys eBay listing even being shown? Giving the live link is like advertising for the guy to some people who lurk and have no qualms about buying pirated goods. This section would be better for this info http://www.planetfigure.com/forums/report-piracy.55/
    Gaudin and napoleonpeart like this.