1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Rebel Sculpt Finished!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Got this fun 54mm sculpt finished up last night, although after looking at the pics I see a couple of places that needs to be adressed again. The 'button' on the hilt is still soft here, once cured it will be carved to shape. Other then that it is basically finished. It was a whole lot of fun to take a short break from doing WWII stuff and do this one, very relaxing.

I am pretty happy with this one, I think it is probably one of my better efforts so far and I am looking forward to starting on my next fun sculpt which will be another ACW subject.

Let me know what you think!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here are some close ups of some of the details.

I wasnt sure about the size of the holster so I measured one that I use for my Guerilla Impressions, rolled out a sheet of putty, let it cure, then I cut out the shape of the holster in the correct dimensions. Then I simply added buld to it with fresh putty.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The belt buckle was made in two steps, first I did the oval, and let it cure, then with the same batch of putty, which was partly set by the time the oval was cured. The S started out as a rectangle, which I put two slices into to make a square S, then I took an XActo and teased it to become rounded and in the correct shape (as close as I could anyways!). The U was done the same way. This was the first time I have ever tried to do something like that, and I have to say I am rather pleased with how it turned out.

[IMG]

For those of you who might wonder why it says SN instead of CS or CSA, the Confederates were most of the time low on supplies and equipment and they grabbed Yankee stuff when ever they had the oppertunity. What they would do was to take a US buckle, turn it upside down to form SN, which they put the meaning "Southern Nation".
  3. Pete_H New Member

Anders,
    The "SN" is a really clever little detail (y)
  4. y_wong New Member

Dear Anders,

This is indeed a quick one. As for the SN, initially I thought you overlook it till your explanation. Totally agree with Pete regarding the above.

regards :)
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Ander, so far so good.

Keep up the good work

Roc :)
  6. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    COOL,Anders,Very Nice (y) (y) !!
    Kenneth :)
  7. Joe Hudson Active Member

United-States
    Hey Dude,

By far your best work. I look forward to seeing the painted version. ;)

Joe
  8. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    I'm amazed by this piece of work Anders. I wish i could get my hand on it. I'm sure that the painted version will stun me as well. Great job man.
  9. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Anders
    Nicely animated figure!
    Love the belt buckle and overall wrinkles/folds.

Taesung
  10. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    nice stuff Anders. Great pose too !!

Stephen Mallia
  11. Manfred Active Member

Good work, I like the drapery and the details.
  12. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Knowing that you're also an excellent painter, I look forward to seeing it painted too ! (y)

... Eh ... Anders ... now, couldn't it be that at least some Ozarks enlisted in the Missouri regiments ? :lol:
  13. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Thanks for your comments! Like I said before, this one was a whole lot of fun to do! And I am looking forward to get started on the next one. Also a little more dynamic them my usual boring stuff.

Thanks again guys!

Oh Johan,

You bet! This dude is a hard core redneck from the Ozark Hills!
  14. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    GREAT !!! (y) Way to go , Anders, and I'm telling you, if it would be commercially available in 70mm and upward, I'd buy it in a heartbeat - I just love it! :lol:
  15. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Good stuff, Anders. Like the others, I look forward to seeing him painted!

Keith
  16. pabelo40 New Member

Hi Anders

This is very nice and ......................very speed. :eek:
    Regards
    Pawel