1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Rebel Pilot

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by maxikumike, Jul 4, 2016.

1. maxikumike New Member

Hello all. This is my first post of my first figure. It´s a pilot for an Easykit Pocket Snowspeeder from Revell. The pilots that came with the kit were dull and out of scale, so I decided to give it a try and sculpt one from scratch. The scale is 1/56 or 31 mm, wich is weird for me as I´m used to the more common scales in models, like 1/72 and 1/48. Those easykits are nice but that series of ships have some odd scales.

Any way, the first thing I did was build the armature. I used .025 wire I had laying around. No pictures of the bare armature, sorry.

Then I put some putty in it and started shaping it.

[IMG]

The putty I started with Is some epoxi I had laying in my tool box, never used before so didn´t know what to expect. The brand is Fort Epoxi, I bought it in Brasil last hollidays. It is supposed to be an artists putty but I didn´t like it. Turned out to be hard to manipulate and very stiff. But I managed to sculpt the basic shape of the body.
    [IMG]

Before I continue I have to say that I´ve never tried Green Stuff, Super Sculptey or any other clay or putty that are specifically for miniatures. Were I live are very difficult to find, and very expensives if you manage to find them.

After being disappointed, I went to the craft store and bought something called Parsecs. It´s well known in Argentina for artistic jobs. It worked great! at least much better than the last one, as I don´t have experience with the others like I said.

This is what I came up with

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

It will continue....
    Dekiman and Scotty like this.
  2. maxikumike New Member

Let´s continue...

While waiting for the body to cure, I started with the head.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This is where I´m at the moment. PLEASE let me know what you think, feel free to criticize, but be gentle, this is my first time :happy:
    Oda and Scotty like this.
  3. maxikumike New Member

By the way, sorry for the crappy pictures....I should get a better camera..
    Oda likes this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    All credit to you , it's coming on well

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  5. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    He'll be wearing a helmet won't he? If his head were bare i would add some height to his head. I think you're doing very well.
    Scotty.
  6. Dekiman Well-Known Member

Use the Force Maxikumike.
    Its inside you.Let you modelling anger come out.
    Great work.Wait to see end result
    Scotty likes this.
  7. Oda A Fixture

Undertaking such a challenge on such a small scale is very brave.This is coming along very well.

Oda.