1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Rebel Officer pt. 5

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Long, Jun 6, 2006.

1. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Here is the Confederate officer I've had going for a while.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

With apologies to Bill Horan, whose work inspired the commission.
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey John,

Nice work. I like the ankle of the guys right leg/ankle and one of your better paint jobs I think.

Joe
  3. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thats a miniature id definately would enjoy tohave in myshowcasemy friend . Totally nice painting and setting of the whole figure. Be proud of it
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Figure and base are really beautiful,I like the dirt and the mud-gives life to the creation.
    My compliments
    christos
  5. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    VERY NICE, John (y) (y) (y) !!!! I'm sure Bill will be proud of it too !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    John,

This is very very good. I find that the muddy enviroment will take his contribution to the figure. Really nice work.

Marc
  7. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Nice to see this one finnished, John.

I think youve gotten the greys dead on. I really like the cold and worn look theyre sending out. And the shading and highlighting of the very same.

Cheers
  8. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi John,great figure!!I like the pose and the way you have painted him.love the ground work and weathering too.I have a big interest in the ASW and always like to see figures of this period, especially with the atmosphere you have created with this figure.Kind regards John :)
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Very nice indeed. Beautifully painted and great to see a nice muddy figure, they're not just for WW1 you know :lol:

Roger.
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,
    I think he came together nicely!

Jay H.
    OKC
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, Nice job all around.~Gary
  12. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks gang. It was a fun project.
  13. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    John, the painting and weathering are particularly nice. Not too much, not too little. Well done!
  14. pkw4 Active Member

Italy
    Hi John
    super work.Did you scatchbuilt the figure?
    It is very well done i like the balance between all the colours.
    Roberto
  15. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Roberto,

It is scratchbuilt minus a few bits. I used a Hornet bald head, one Historex hand and a Shenandoah pistol, and holster. The officer's bag is Shenandoah, and I think the canteen is Michael Roberts. I sculpted the hair, beard, and bandage on the head. It's a commission, and not something I might have done otherwise. I'm glad I did it, because I would have avoided the greatcoat. It was a challenge, but I learned and would do another.
  16. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, Now you can do a charging Irish Brigade soldier in a greatcoat at Fredericksburg. :) ~Gary