1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Rebel Officer pt. 4

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Long, May 2, 2006.

1. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Here's the latest. Only a couple of details left to paint and I can start on the groundwork. I want the guy to look weatherbeaten and in general rough shape. Doing the blood soaked bandage was a challenge.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey John,

Really nice work on the head and bandage.

Joe
  3. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looking good John.I'looking forward to see the complete groundwork!
  4. Robert Dominick Member

United-States
    John,

This guy looks great!

Robert
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    John,

I can just echo the others. He is very well done. But i think you must darken the blood a little bit more in the bandage. At least at the outside of the red spot. The blood is getting darker because there is leaking less blood then in the middle. Te blood is gonna be coagulate there, and there it is gonna be darker.

Marc
  6. arthur Member

Canada
    John,
    WOW, Great paintjob (y)
    Well rendered determined expression on his face.
    Like Marc I think the blood should be a touch darker,... but maybe it is just brighter on the photo.
    Cheers,
    A.
  7. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys.

Marc, thanks for the advice on the blood. That's what is so difficult about it. I want to go for the look you describe, but I still want it to look like blood. Now that it's all dry I can go back with some glazes and darken it up.
  8. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work John..from the first time I saw the sculpt, I liked it very much. He has such a good pose and you've done a great job with the paintwork.
    Looking forward to the final touches.

All the best..Roy.
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    That's just gorgeous John! Man, that Colt is a big revolver! Somehow the way he's holding it makes it look bigger to me. Great looking figure!

All the best,
    Dan