1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Rebel in the Woods

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Inbetween some projects I decided to play around with a one off 54mm figure. I am trying to get some more interesting stuff incorporated in my (to me) kind of dull style. Here is a Rebel running through the woods, kind of leaping over a small ditch or something, with his pistol ready to pop some unfortunate yankee and a sabre he picked up somewhere on his way. I am envisioning some loose flying equipment to show more movement. The hand with the colt is from Shennandoah and the sabre is from an Andrea Kit which I cut the right hand out and replaced it with another left hand from Shennendoah.

This is a new thing for me and I will try my best at making it work! This will also require some more extensive ground work, which is another new for me. Will be fun if I can ever get it finished!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The head is from Military Miniature Warehouse that John kindly sent me, it is an excellent head and fits great for this sort of pose.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Brad S Member

Anders,

Looks like a great start to something a little different. I will like to watch you sculpt this for some pointers becuase i have a few ideas running in my head that I would like to try.

Brad Spelts
  3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very interesting posing and movement Anders. I can't wait to see him finished :)
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looks great so far.
  5. John Long Active Member

United-States
    The head matches the pose really well. He looks as if he's suspended in midair. I think he should be leaning more forward on his front foot.
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for the suggestion John! I changed the pose a little, bent the torso forward a bit more and decided to have him leaping over a creek or something. Will be interesting to see if I can pull it off!

Here are the fleshed out new armature with the brogans more or less finished.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He's looking good Anders....I like the different pose you have done......don't see many figures in an all out running pose.
  8. Edson Member

Mexico
    This start is looking great bro, im looking forward to your next step :lol: this gonna be very interesting project

Cheers
    Ed ;)
  9. John Long Active Member

United-States
  10. Joe Hudson Active Member

United-States
    Hey Anders,

He is looking good. Nice work on the anatomy.

Joe
  11. Alex Lopez Active Member

Mexico
    Exelent work Anders !! Very dinamyc, I´ll follow your progresses.

Alex.
  12. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks GREAT Anders! I see him as a western theatre rebel trooper wearing a fancy "battle shirt". Let me know if you want some pic's.
  13. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Im working on a Russian Tank Crew as well and it is a lot of fun to switch back to something like this!

Jason,

I think he would look really cool in a Guerilla type shirt. Only problem with the guerilla would be the brogans, as they most often would be seen wearing long boots or regular farm boots. Although, the Cavalry units did wear brogans quite a bit. If you have any good reb shirt pics I would love to see them!

My email is Anders@planetfigure.com
  14. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hey,Anders, (y) (y) !! Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  15. y_wong New Member

Dear Anders,

Very well sculpted and a rather interesting pose. Dynamic pose is always difficult to pull off but it seems that you are on track so far.

regards :lol:
  16. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Ken and Yong!

I am having a blast with this one!

Here is where thes running fool is at now. The pants are basically competed, will add a pocket and maybe a patch or two. The shirt is comming along, I tried a new thing this time, I added the suspender straps first then sculpted the shirt around them in sections. I really like this way, small areas at a time gives one a lot more control. I will add the leather piece tying the straps together on his back once the shirt is completed along with the leather fasteners to the pants.

The different putties you see are:

Light: White Apoxie
    Medium: White Apoxie + Neutral Color Apoxie
    Dark: Pure Neutral Apoxie

No specific reason for this, I just like different colors, and I think Im liking the dark Apoxie quite well, seams to cure a tad harder and waxier then the white.

Anyways, 'nuff talkin', here are some pics!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Anders, great work mate, he needs some groundwork, he looks a bit odd in midair :)
  18. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Excllent work are you doing mate, I love the sucks and the shoes....

Keep the good work

ER
  19. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Leigh and Ernesto,

Thanks guys!

The ground work is on its way as well, I am having too much fun with the figure to do the ground work just yet! I will have this piece done in a few days though so I will work on the gorundwork then! Will show more pics when I get more done.
  20. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent work there Anders. I really love this figure and i can't wait to see him done and painted. Confederance soldiers are my favorite. Maybe you can send me a piece to paint ehehhehehe.