1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Ray's APG Auction Figure ready!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by rej, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice work myfriend . your blue really strikes ,and i definately would like to try your approach for that result . Boots and pants are alsovery nice. Good look in total!! Bravo
  2. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Nice one buddy.Will see it in the flesh tonight hopefully

Stephen Mallia
  3. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Ray, my good man! Very nice indeed. :lol: Great handling of all the pale colours, and there is a definate style to your work that's very pleasing to the eye.
  4. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    To ALL of YOU and ALL YOUR OVERPRAISING......THANKS :(

I'm posting the mix and my approach to the Blue........

I started with a base coat of Andrea Prussian Blue, but then I remembered that any weathering on it will leave those dreaded chalky streaks :angry:

So I repainted the whole thing with Maimeri's tube acrylic Navy Blue + a bit of Black to darken things down............

Highlights were painted with Navy Blue, for the second highlight I added Paynes Grey and a dab of Flesh tint (all Maimeri tubes) because I didn't want to risk any chalkyness appearing due to the first basecoat........I added some more Flesh tint for the extreme highlights..........

Shadows were Blue Black (Navy Blue + Black) and the extreme shadows were Black again Maimeri tube.......

Hope this satisfies any questions regarding the Blue.........any other mixes required, I'd be more then happy to share..........

Ray ;)
  5. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hiya Ray...sorry I missed comenting earlier...I haven't been around for a few days...I just gotta say that I love all the attention to the tiny details that makes all the difference...for instance, the hands and the wood-grain on the weapon...it rocks mate..!

Superb figure.. (y)

All the best...Roy.
  6. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Roy your feedback is always much appreciated, being late (now where do I know someone very SIMILAR :lol: ??) or in time ;)

Take Care mate,

Ray :)
  7. zyclyon Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Ray,

I really love your vibrant painting style. A real visual treat from my usual "muddy" palette. Keep it up!

cheers,

Calvin
  8. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Beautiful painting, Ray. The face looks very realistic. Well done! What's next on your workbench?

best regards
    Artur
  9. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Calvin, your "muddy" palette surely produces vibrant real visual treats in your genre :eek:

Artur, thanks for looking..........I think the Roman Consul is "crying" to be finished :lol:

Ray ;)
  10. Bill Mayo New Member

...can only add to the abundant praise already posted. Wow!!
  11. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks Bill, much appreciated :eek: :eek:

Ray ;)