1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Rasputin

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by DrLutz, Oct 5, 2008.

1. DrLutz Member

Israel
    Grigory Rasputin (1869-1916), I belive, is one of the strangest figures of russian history. The mystic from small village of Syberia who arrived to St.Petersburg and become a healer of young Prince Aleksey suffered of Haemophylia. Then he became an advisor of Tsaritsa Alexandra of Russia, the wife of the last Russian Emperor Nicholas II. No doubt he influenced the later days of russian monarchy and probably he was the one, who descridited the royal family and made Nicholas' government extremely unpopular.
    He was murdered at December 1916 in Peterburg by a group of nobles leading by Prince Felix Yusupov.
    All Rasputin's life as well as his murder and death become a legend full of mystics and mystery. Many people considered him as a 'Mad Monk' or even Antichrist while other considered him as saint martyr.

The model made in 1:9 scale using 'Cernit doll collection' media.

Attached Files:

2. je_touche Member

Germany
    As far as I remember portrait photos of Rasputin this is an excellent likeness. Great sculpting!
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Beautiful sculpting once agian Vlad! A nice simple portait. One thing, and this may be the photos, but the mustache on the bust's right side looks a bit smoother than the left, like it could use a little more detail in the hair. Again, could be the images. Nice work!

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. Bad91Fellow Member

Germany
    Awesome! Is this going to be an comercial piece!?
    yours
  5. Martin Rohmann A Fixture

Germany
    Good work!

The Face, the hair and his character you got likely!

My only critique-point is the beard - it was much thinner and had a different form.

Greetings

Attached Files:

6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent sculp.

Marc
  7. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Very good sculpting and a great likeness.

David
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great sculpting. The comments and crits are fair and do not take away from your results. ~Gary
  9. Cvikings67 Member

United-States
    I think you captured him in your scuplt. I'm not a bust man.( Let me rephrase that)I usually don't paint bust, but, I would be interested in this one if it was on the market. Chris
  10. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice sculping,I like the subject!!!
  11. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    amazing resemblance
  12. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great sculpture and very good resemblance!
  13. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Very well done, indeed. Certainly one of your best to date.

Cheers---

Keith
  14. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Nice likeness and a fine bust!

All the best,
    Dan