1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Ramses II, 54 mm Art Girona

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ineluki, May 23, 2013.

1. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Hello.
    Eventually I managed to paint a mini this year. It's Art Girona's Ramses II, sculpted by A. Laruccia.
    I like this model a lot, but during the painting it turned out to be a genuine pain in the ... (you know where). Painting all this detail was a horror, additionaly the cast wasn't very good. But, as I say earlier - finally it is. I hope you'll like it.
    Simon

Attached Files:

Babelfish, Edorta, tiberius57 and 5 others like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Fabulous work Simon.
    I've been always attracked to this figure. When I see it, I wanna buy and paint it.
    But then I look carefully to the boxart, and it scares me.
    Your comment confirms my thoughts.

Marc
  3. arxo Active Member

Greece
    I say it was well worth it !!
  4. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Very colourful.
    Cheers
    John
  5. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Megroot, Arxo, John thanks for commnets. Here's another picture, a bit better, with the base visible.

img519feb4a85669.jpg
  6. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Superb job on a complicated figure! I especially like that the blues, greens and reds are slightly understated in tone, not overly intense/garish. Much more "in scale" than most I've seen and it just enhances the realism of the overall piece. Bravo, Ineluki!

Cheers,

Brian
  7. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Thank you Brian. You're right - I try to keep colours a bit desaturated, not to vivid. To achieve this I rather use gray then withe to highlight.

Simon.
  8. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Lovely work mate!
    Soft & subtle tones not overdone here.
    This is another Larrucia classic, no one does detail like him & it's clear your managed to bring out the best in this one.

Take a bow!

Mike
  9. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Thank you, Mike. Your comment is much appreciated, I'm really glad that my efforts were noticed :).

Simon.
  10. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  11. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Thank you Eduardo. I'm happy you like the whites - it cost me lots of work. Unfortunatelly, photos don't show all the nuances. And his gaze is intentional, I wanted him to look like a ruler of the world :)
  12. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Outstanding work alround on this one.

Cheers David
  13. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Thanks for your comment David.

Simon