1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Ramses 2 and wife Nefertari

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Normo, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gang
    Finished these two a couple of weeks ago and thought you would like to see 'em
    Both EVD busts painted in oils over acyrilics and printers ink used for gold and other "bits"
    Very enjoyable project and quite a challenge especially the fabric on the queen
    As always comments and other views welcome
    Cheers

John

PS I wonder what Santa is bringing me! What is he bringing you guys?

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    WOW that's a really amazing paintjob. I especially like the woman. Excellent skin under the dress. I love it.

Xenofon
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Stunning work John, The fabric on Nefertari looks so real. Brilliant.

Roger.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    great work John,

How you managed the highlights on the gold. I use printerinks also but never can get them so real.

That Nefertari is awesome. Specially the fabric.

Marc
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,
    nicely done indeed! Both are nice, but the translucent fabric on the queen is particularly nice! I think the flesh tones are very nice, it looks like the golds in particular, and possibly the colors in the neck pices could use a bit more dynamic lighting, but over all both are fantastic!

Jay H.
    OKC
  6. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks gang for the comments

Marc;- The highlights on the gold were achieved by mixing a slight touch of pure titanium white into the ink mixture also I think that the mix of ink and thinner is important. too much thinnner and the ink goes pale I like to get the mix of ink a bit like single cream Also its a bit of trial and error!

Jay;- The neck pieces were a bit tricky because I stripped the queen down to bare metal from a previous paint job and cleaned up the necklace a bit too much with files and emery cloth resulting in poor surface to paint on! The Pharoah was not a particulary good cast around the neck and proved a tricky paint job
    When I had finished I wasnt very happy but overall thought that I had achieved a good job so I left it.
    Glad you like 'em
    Cheers

John
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    John, very nicely painted, I particularly like the queen, my compliments.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    As a non-painter, I marvel at your achievement! Nefertari is particularly stunning. You deserve to do well in competitions with them!

All the best,
    Dan
  9. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    This a very good painting John!
    keep up
    christos
  10. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, While i like both busts, Nefertari is my favorite.~Gary
  11. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany