1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Ramesis II War Chariot

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Oct 31, 2008.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hello again figure modellers. Here are some images of Andrea's superb 90mm Chariot that I completed last year. Although an expensive kit, it has lots of detail and the basket for the chariot is photo etch. I made a few changes, The horses tails were replaced with a cotton style rope that was unthreaded and shaped to fit, Ramesis' right arm was repositioned to hold onto the large staff/throwing spear and I added the piping in the chariot baskets side openings plus chequered padding on the main spar (not pictured). Some extra details and jewels were also added here and there. All was painted in enamels and oils to represent a relatively clean Pharaoh with suptle shading. The base is scratch built.*** The project took approx two years to complete as I repainted and stripped the chariot five times until I was happy with the finish. Gold is a hard colour to use without it looking too fake and gordy.*** I hope you enjoy the pictures and thank you all for looking************************* Ben

Attached Files:

JimboT likes this.
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Ben,

This is a real show stopper and one of the most complex and detailed kits I've ever seen.

The amount of detail you've added to this kit is a testament to your patience and attention to detail. Love the horse turds on the ground- nice touch!!

Awesome.
  3. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Ben

This is the first one of these I have seen painted and you have done a fine job, 2 years is a long time but your efforts over this time have really paid off, this will make a very nice center piece for anyones display cabinet
    Thanks for sharing with us
    Tommi
  4. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Super work to this great kit.
    Bravo !!

Stefano
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ben,
    I saw one painted version in real life and now i see the second on the internet.
    It is a very impressive kit and it cost's alot off Euro's. So, if you are not so sure about your painting skills i think a men is not gonna buy it.
    That said i must give you great compliments. What you have done with this kit is impressive. The metalworks on the carriot, The gold on Ramses, the horses, everything is excecuted so well.
    Really an awesome painted kit......great work.

Marc
  6. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Good work Ben. I have to admit, as much as I like the piece as a whole, the horse droppings as Tony mentioned are a great touch. Not something everyone would think to add, but a fun and realistic touch. Your time pays off on this piece.

Jay H.
    OKC
  7. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks guys for looking.
    Seems as though the horse dung is a hit, they were easy to make, just blu-tack rolled up in a ball and given a dark heavy wash for the colour. I remember a friend who did a large western saloon diorama that was so well made that the only thing the judges could pick him up on was that there were no horse droppings where they tie the horses up, so I remembered this for this scene. Funny how you remember the smallest things.
  8. Hardy Guest

Very impressive work Ben. Hardy
  9. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    TIME WELL SPENT!!!

That's gorgeous!! The colors are well executed and the chariot looks real!

Congratulations on a superb piece!!

Kevin D.
  10. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    A stunner. A real challenge in time and skill.
    Well done indeed.
    Regards
    Derek
  11. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers for the kind comments from all. Will post another finished kit next week.
    Ben
  12. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Hi Ben, Just found this one going through all the old threads. This is a very nice rendition of Ramses Chariot. I have painted this myself and know how difficult it is to get right. My own chariot was stripped several times before I was happy with the final result. Well done.