1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Ralph, Lord Stafford

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by valiant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys,

some progress pics of my latest (slight) conversion to a Soldiers 90mm knight to represent Ralph, Lord Stafford, based on the Osprey book, The Scottish and Welsh Wars. The main modification was to remove the scalloped edge on the front part of the tunic.

I picked this figure up from Helm (thanks Steve) at Birmingham Expo back in July. A really crisp sculpt with lots of textural details, but an awful fit of main parts due to overworn moulds. The shield and smaller parts clicked into place, but much work was needed to get the legs, torso and flowing tunic to fit together neatly, then lots of drilling and pinning to strengthen it all up

I have used this as an experiment in acrylics, as I have only ever used enamels and wanted to try them!

Still lots to do, especially on the tunic. I will post further pics when I get to do some more!

Steve(y)

Attached Files:

ChaosCossack likes this.
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looking well mate, sorry to here it was a badly fitting kit I must admit I hadn't done any dry runs on it my bad :( looking forward to your progress
    Steve
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve - not a problem, mate! nothing a Dremel and some Miliput couldn't fix! Im really enjoying a change of subject, hopefully crack on with a bit more this afternoon!

cheers,

Steve(y)
  4. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fit issues aside (which I cannot comment upon) the face is superbly painted. I look forward to seeing how you handle yellow as a colour which I find very difficult to paint and look 'right'. Great start!
    Gary
  5. swralph A Fixture

Looking good Steve.I wonder if he had the nickname,Woof Woof.Imagine a dog saying Ralph Ralph and you then end with Woof Woof.
    Cheers.
    Ralph.
  6. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Great start!
    Between sculpt and paint, that is a great face... so much expression.

Look forward to more progress

Colin
  7. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys,

Almost there with this one - an experiment with acrylics, as I usually use enamels.
    Still some tidying up to do and groundwork adding,

Thanks for looking in,

Steve(y)

Attached Files:

Wings5797 likes this.
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looks well Steve (y) Yellows especially
    Steve
  9. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Good work Steve, He looks really well.
    Well done.
    Keith
  10. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks guys - its been a real journey using a different medium! I do like acrylics though - anyone used the retarder to slow them down a bit?

Steve(y)
  11. Helm A Fixture

England
    I use it Steve especially if I've a mix for a large area I have no idea what it is though I was given it
    Steve