1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Rainy Mountain Charlie

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Yarok, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Yarok New Member

A classic model from Poste Militaire, painted with mixed media: oils and humbrol for the skin, acrylics for the hat and blanket.

[IMG]

Added the bolo-tie using milliput and thin wire :)

Patrick
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    WOW! Patrick what an exellent paint job, it's so life like. Outstanding.

Roger.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    It is impossible that this is a painting off a figure.
    The colors of the skin, and clothing are so lifelike that it is like a picture of the real person.

Patrick. This is great, great, great work.

Marc
  4. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Hello Patrick,

Marvelous paintjob (y) you show us here. Very sharp detail and lovely skintones.

I don't know if you're member of any club, but there sure is some place for an artist as yourself with ours (AMSS).

BTW your Mameluke's also great!

Best regards

Johan
  5. EasyOff Member

Now that's talent.
  6. Yarok New Member

Thanks guys!

Marc: the hardest part was to find an elderly person that looked like Julian Lamb's sculpting so that no one could tell the difference :lol:

Johan: i'm not affiliated to any club, but I'm looking forward to meet you all - I've been through your website and there are some pretty amazing models there!
    Now here's a pity: I took part at the Hoboken contest a few weeks ago, and when people asked me if I was going to attend "the Antwerp contest" I said "yeah, sure", thinking they meant Flander's Modelling Contest! But instead, they were talking about the AMSS contest which I missed :( ... too bad! Next year I'll be there for sure ;)
  7. nagashino New Member

Patrick

That has GOT to be one of the best versions of RMC that I have had the pleasure of seeing!!

Love the fingerprints on the felt hat!

Awesome!

Phil
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    WOW! Nice stuff! One of PMs best pieces IMO. You did it justice for sure. I think I have that very Bolo lying around somewhere! :lol: Great work. The subtle shading at the top of the pipe, the flesh tones with slightly rosy cheeks, the just so, dusty hat......great stuff!

Jay H.
    OKC
  9. Yarok New Member

Thx!

Acutally, it's kind of a mix between a few designs that look about so:

[IMG]

If I had to do it again, i think I'd go for a turquoise / silver type like this one:

[IMG]
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Patrick,

I have to echo what everone else has said, WOW, what a really nice job and some of the best flesh I have seen.

Joe
  11. John Long Active Member

United-States
    That has got to be the most realistic version of that figure I've ever seen. A very nice job, it looks real!
  12. arthur Member

Canada
    Patrick,
    Beautiful paintjob (y)
    One of best renditions of this figure so far.
    Cheers,
    A.
  13. Stefano Borin New Member

United-States
    Waw!! friend
    Great work!!!
    Too realistic

ciao Stefano
  14. Gauntlet New Member

United-States
    That is not a figure, it is actually your grandpa that dressed up like the figure and you took the pic :lol: . seriously that is the best rendition of flesh i think i have ever seen painted. ;) You did a splendid job, it looks like a real person.
  15. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    WOW, that is a very nice work. I love this paintjob - it goeas hand in hand with this beautiful sculpture.

Keep up your good work.

Cheers,
    Markus
  16. Bill Mayo New Member

Lovely work!
  17. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Another good piece
    it compliments Patrick

You have one Happy Hand

MAB :)
  18. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    Don't know how I missed this before - so realistic that it looks like a photograph. Excellent paintwork.
  19. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Patrick I can only echo what others already said. Amazing, stunning, astonishing piece. Way to go friend.

Xenofon
  20. Yarok New Member

Thank you guys! It sure is encouraging to receive so many positive feedback (y)