1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Rainy Mountain Charlie 1/10th scale bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, May 8, 2016.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys,

Here is Rainy Mountain Charlie, a classic 1/10th scale bust by Lamb & Flag.

RMC31.jpg RMC32.jpg RMC33.jpg RMC34.jpg RMC35.jpg RMC36.jpg RMC37.jpg RMC38.jpg RMC39.jpg
  2. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Wow, beautifully painted, Tony (y). The pattern on his rug is stunning, it really paid off mate.
    I just noticed the subtle sweat ring on his battered hat too!
  3. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Now that has turned out beautifully tony,beautiful work on the garment pattern,I like it very much mate (y)
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Nick, glad you noticed the sweat rings around the hat band. Just one little touch I thought might add some variety to the hat colour.

Hi Brian, thanks mate. The blanket pattern was a challenge and I'm rather pleased with how it turned out. Nice to see something this complicated look so neat and simple.
    NickM likes this.
  5. Ferris A Fixture

Outstanding Tony. The pattern is amazing and I very much like the hat as well. Keen eye for detail!

Cheers,
    Adrian
  6. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Wonderful Tony, truly a coat of many colours.

Paul.
  7. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Wonderful, even a sweat band around the hat, superb painting on the blanket.
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Adrian, a keen eye for detail indeed. I would have thought that was a prerequisite for a figure modeller ;)

Thanks Paul, actually a relatively limited colour palette of earth tones but a very detailed structure of shapes and angles to paint onto a uneven surface with folds and creases. Thanks for your comments mate.(y)

Hi Bob, yep I thought of the sweat band as a last minute thing, but I think it's appropriate for an old man whose worn the same hat for decades. I appreciate your comments.:)
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Tony ,

That is one of the best I have seen the blanket design and the little details like the sweat effect take this to another level

I have saved this to my files

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  10. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Brilliant painting Tony, the blanket is superb as is the flesh tones, really good(y)
    Cheers
    Jim
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    What can I say......I'm speechless trough this amazing paintwork.
    Excellent.

marc
  12. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Nap, thanks for your comments mate. taking things to the next level is what I aim for each time I start a new figure. I'm pleased you think I've done that with this one.

Hi Jimbo, cheer mate. I appreciate your comments.

Hi Marc, thanks for your comments mate. they are always appreciated.
  13. Oda A Fixture

He's almost ready to start talking.Unbelievably lifelike.This is a masterpiece,no doubt about that.

Oda.
  14. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Cheer Oda, very generous comments, thank you.:joyful:
    Oda likes this.
  15. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    That's great work the blanket is top notch!
  16. Mark S Guest

Superb job Tony....perhaps the best version of Charlie I've seen.
    Well done mate.
  17. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Great version of these classic bust. Gratulations
  18. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The blanket design and the additional touches you've incorporated make this a truly stand-out piece.
    I've seen quite a few very well painted versions of this bust, but this one is my favourite, by far.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  19. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Michael Miniatures, thanks very much for your comment.

Hi Mark, thanks mate. Very nice of you to say so. It's been a pleasure to paint this bust.

Hi Ulrich , thanks you very much. I appreciate your comment.

Hi Andrew, I'm very pleased you like my version of this bust. Thanks for sharing your comment.
  20. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I have only just remembered to click the 'like' button. :happy: