1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Rainy Mountain Charlie, 1/10th scale bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Howdy Tony, it didn't occur to me to use facebook in contacting them. Is that what you did?

Joe
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Yes, Facebook gave me the link to their website where I ordered the busts using my credit card. Couldn't be simpler.
  3. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I've always gotten a kick outta this guys facial expression and you've given him life again Tony. From what I've seen you've never been one to shy from difficult areas to paint, as in, that blanket pattern. Wow, great job once again.

Cheers, Ski.
  4. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Tony, Excellent job on Rainy Mtn Charlie!!! And your attention to detail is without peer! The figure is well done indeed. The blanket is fabulous!(y)
    Thanks for sharing your work. I appreciate it!

Best of Everything, Terry Martin-Member of the Atlanta Miniature Figure Society of Atlanta, GA
  5. Mark S Guest

Great work on the blanket, Tony......and the whole piece for that matter.
  6. ranchhand Active Member

United-States
    Hopefully the renewed interest in charlie will trigger them to release the other superb busts in their line-up.
    Being new to the hobby i did no realise that this bust is so old, it seems to be up to modern standards ( ahead of its time?)

Its great paintjobs like this one that are the best advertising :)
  7. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tony,
    Can't sit on the sidelines anymore. It has been a pleasure watching this one develop and a real testament to your painting skill. Well done.
    cheers
    Richie
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Ski, thanks for your comments mate. I'm glad you like this little fella.

Hi Terry, thanks so much for your generous comments. It's been an absolute pleasure to paint this bust. There's so much character in that face and in the texture of the blanket.

G'day Mark, thanks mate. Glad you like him.

Hi Ranchhand, yes these busts are now classics. The original versions are at least 30 years old, but these freshly cast version by Lamb & Flag are just as good. Sadly they only have Rainy Mountain Charlie and Charlie\'s Woman in the range, but hopefully they will acquire more classic master figures and busts and bring them back into production.

Hi Richie, thanks for jumping in mate. Thanks for your comments.

The bust is now completed and I've posted the final pics in a new post on the V Bench