1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Rail-road scales compared to figures.

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by HiroshiAirborne, Jun 16, 2010.

1. HiroshiAirborne Active Member

United-States
    Hello everyone! I've been sculpting some 1/35 figures learning the basics of human anatomy before I jump into a foray of 1/48 scale (yeah, it's me again. Remember me now? :D )

Railroad buildings and scenery stuff look a lot more detailed than they used to be and I thought some of those things would really come in handy for a diorama or vignette. So I was wondering what does the N, S, HO, O scales mean? I was told that O scale is dead on 1:48 but I thought I'd check here first before I buy anything.

Thanks in advance!

- Hiroshi
  2. Einion Well-Known Member

I think you're right to be wary, although chart after chart does say 0 scale = 1:48. But based on the definition of 1" at scale it does appear to be 1:48 pretty much exactly (0.08 off, which is negligible).

Einion