1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

R.F.C. Ace WWI READY!!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by rej, Sep 20, 2006.

1. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi its me again.........well if it wasn't for Euro I guess I wouldn't be able to get these ready........it sure raised some adrenalin to get them ready and I just did :lol:

Again bear with me re poor quality of the pics..........

This time I salvaged five "suitable" pics...........

Take Care and feel free to comment please........

Ray ;)

No1

Attached Files:

2. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    No2 ;)

Attached Files:

3. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    No3 :(

Attached Files:

4. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    No4 :)

Attached Files:

5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Beautiful paintwork Ray, this and the Austrian Cuirassier. Your posting them faster than I can type my admiration :)
    Good luck at Euro.
    Roger
  6. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    No5 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attached Files:

7. jaime Member

Spain
    Perfect! I've seen other versions, but this is really...perferct!

Jaime
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nicely done agian Ray! A gem from Latorre and you have done it justice for sure!

Jay H.
    OKC
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Ray - I really like the leather cap and the skin tones! Those are superb!

Forgive the naive question. Is the belt really supposed to be blue? Maybe it's my eyes, but it sure looks blue to me.

All the best,
    Dan
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent painting mate!

Im looking forward to see it in person friday or saturday!!
  11. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    gOOD LUCK MY FRIEND !!! You definately have some nice work there !
  12. vitike New Member

Hi,

I love that figure and you've done a good work with it. By the way, that grass in really great.

This figure will be one of my next paintings.

Regards :)
  13. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks to All of you for looking and for usual overly praise!!

Dan I painted the belt in a bluish/greenish tint to bring out that "Royal Air Force Blue" of later but the only "make shift" overhead light over exposed certain areas like the white on the courassier.....the belt suffered from this mishap as wel.......

There was no uniformity of colours per se at this particular time.......I took the liberty of painting the belt like this so it will give the whole figure a feeling of harmony.........any black per se would have looked stark, and any brown would have looked boring........some type of khaki would also have been appropriate, but then it was used to some extent on the boots so I ran out of that option as well......... this blue/green is a mix of Maimeri's tube acrylics Phthalocyanine Blue and Green........lowlights are Black + Navy Blue.......... Hope that answers your interesting enquirey and if you might remark about the buckle being of the same colour, those types of belts did have the buckle painted with the belt's dye most of the time so I chose that "most" of the time as my time was getting "most rare" :lol:

Thanks & Regards

Ray ;)
  14. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi Ray.
    Outstanding paintjob mate. :lol:
    I see you in...uh!...tomorrow? :lol: :lol:
  15. pmacko Member

Hi Ray,

Sorry for not being more original but I really like your fleshtones. This figure is very interesting. I may have to get it this winter.
  16. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Ray - Very interesting about the belt! You did your homework and did it thoughtfully! Thanks for taking the time to explain.

All the best,
    Dan