1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Quintus Sertorious EVD

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Normo, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Quintus Sertorious EVD

Hi Gang
    WIP so far on this excellent bust
    Face done still to work on the plume, a bit too much highlight I think
    Also not sure about the colour of the helmet Perhaps could do with toning down a bit
    Comments always welcome
    Cheers
    John

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice start.
    I would like to see the helmet more hightlighted. the face and the eyes are awesome.
    In my opinion you started to dark with the plume. You have already black. There are no deeper dark color then black. Now you have a black and white plume. Maybe you have to make a basecolor of a darkgrey for the plume.
    But it is my opinion.

marc
  3. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Good point Marc about the plume I never thought about starting off by using a grey colour for a black plume
    It just goes to show we can learn something new each day
    Cheers Marc

John
  4. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Very good face
  5. arminius Member

Germany
    Very nice!
    How did you do the metallic effect on the bronze helmet?

Andreas
  6. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Andreas
    I undercoated the helmut with a couple of thin coats of a medium brown acyrilic, left it to dry for a couple of days then applied a coat of Revell number 92 enamel thinned down with white spirit, again left it for a day then ran a black oil wash over the helmut that ran into all the joins and then used a white oil to pick out the hightlights.
    I personally think its a bit too bright and might go over it with several oil washes but I will decide that later

I am thinking of trying the same effect on the curaiss but think it might be a bit to harsh
    Thanks for asking
    Cheers
    John
  7. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    like the flesh part nice!!!
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He really looks good so far John. I like the flesh tones.....excellent.