1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Quick Video on using Home Made ClayShaper tool

Discussion in 'Post Your Own Articles & SBS' started by gordy, Mar 14, 2012.

1. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here's a short video tutorial on using the home made ClayShaper tool :)

2. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Thanks for posting Gordy! I think I will have to try a clayshaper. I have been using metal sculpting tools and then blending and softening edges with a wet brush but this looks easier. Please post more videos like this. Very helpful.
    Gerald
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you, it is great in place of a wet brush for major moving :) I'll look into making more!
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Gordy ,
    Thanks for this very interesting to watch and see how its used ...I am sure it has been done but how did you make the tool ?

More of the same please

Nap
  5. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
  6. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gordy,
    It it so nice to see someone imparting their knowledge on us that are less informed in this area, many have promised but never delivered to share their tips and tricks.
    Please keep up these excellent informative little tutorials(y). Very neat job on the home made sculpting tool.
    cheers
    Richie
  7. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Trick photography...it's never this easy:p Gordy...both your videos are a huge help. Cheers, mate

Paul
    Joe Hudson likes this.
  8. Jagdtiger46 Member

OK, I have to ask,... what type (brand), of putty or clay are you applying in this video? It looks to be as workable as anything I've seen before.
  9. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    That's would be Milliput Yellow/Green! :)
  10. Jagdtiger46 Member

Cool, thanks for the answer. I'm kind of spooked about using epoxy, as I'm concerned that I might not get things right before it sets up.
  11. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    I practice on old injection molded plastic figs for getting a feel for how I want major parts to look :)
  12. Jagdtiger46 Member

That makes sense. I'll have to give that a try.